This job is no longer accepting applications.
ClickUp is looking for a passionate and dedicated backend engineer to help us scale and support our growing platform. You’ll be joining the team powering everything happening behind the scenes.
The backend engineering team is responsible for creating and supporting all API's and services that power our app and handle our users’ data. Employees in this role work closely with our frontend, quality assurance, and product teams to create a user experience that furthers ClickUp's high standards.
One of the primary responsibilities for our backend team is implementing and maintaining highly efficient API endpoints, workers, and services that can scale to support our rapidly growing user base. You will work primarily in Node.js and PostgreSQL and deploy to a globally distributed infrastructure hosted on Amazon Web Services. An ideal candidate would also have experience with queuing services, in-memory data stores, websocket management, monitoring and alerts, and continuous integration techniques.
Collaboration and teamwork are vital to how ClickUp operates. A significant portion of your responsibilities will include working closely with members of the frontend team to develop features together, and collaborating closely with quality assurance to maintain high standards. You may also be tasked with creating tools for one of our non-engineering teams to make processes within the company more efficient. A highly developed set of communication skills are important for successfully fulfilling these responsibilities and many others. You must be an effective verbal and written communicator in describing technical applications.
We’re scaling quickly, so we’re recruiting teammates who share our core values, know how to get sh*t done, and would add a lot to our extremely driven culture. We’ve been named the fastest growing productivity app of 2018 and this has been made possible by our passionate, and high-energy team supporting growth in every area.
- Implement and maintain the API endpoints, services, and workers that power all of the exciting new features on our roadmap.
- Write efficient and concise SQL queries to use within our app, for reporting data metrics, and managing the integrity of the data within our databases.
- Identifying and troubleshooting errors and performance issues that occur within our infrastructure.
- Participate in designing and building systems for maximum performance, reliability and scalability.
- Work closely with frontend, quality assurance, and product teams.
- Be able to conceptualize all the various parts of our infrastructure and how they all work together.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years experience writing and maintaining API's in a production level environment (preferably with Node.js).
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL).
- Experience with AWS or other cloud service.
- A strong self-starter, operationally-focused; a problem-solver.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Save people time by making the world more productive