Sydney NSW, Australia
At Data Republic we are delivering technology at the leading edge of the emerging data sector. We work closely with forward-thinking companies, governments and industry influencers around the world to enable a better future for all, powered by data insights. With us, you can be part of a data revolution! We’re looking for people with the curiosity and grit to join a start-up dedicated to changing how the world works with data. Why? We know data has the power to unlock benefits for business and society as a whole, but there are huge consequences when it is misused. That’s why we’re forging a Data Republic where governed access to the world’s data is made possible.
We’re proud to say that we’re backed by some big names (ANZ, Westpac Reinventure, NAB Ventures, Qualgro VC and Qantas Loyalty), but that doesn’t stop us from being a team that cares about startup hustle, big ideas and sharing a beer on a Friday.
As a Systems Engineer at Data Republic, you become a part of our growing Platform Engineering team. In this exciting role you will need to think on your feet, be a great team player and contribute towards your team’s success.
You work will be distributed between initiatives to advance Data Republic’s technology and operations stack, help development teams to release new features as well as keeping the lights on.
You will need to understand the specifics of managing large-scale distributed systems, and also have a keen interest in continuing to learn and grow.
- Proven Linux administration background (3+ years)
- Hands on with Cloud infrastructure (AWS) (3+ years)
- Solid networking understanding
- Experience setting up and operating Infrastructure CI/CD Pipelines
- Scripting skills in at least one high-level language (Shell, Python, etc.)
- Experience with Cloud Information Security controls and compliance requirements
- APM and Infrastructure monitoring (Prometheus, etc.)
- Infrastructure quality assurance tools and frameworks
- AWS Security services stack (SecurityHub, Shield, WAF, GuardDuty, Inspector, Config, Firewall Manager, etc.)
- Configuration management (Saltstack, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform or AWS CloudFormation)
- Git and GitFlow
- Container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher)
- Application Release/pipeline automation (Github, Bamboo, GoCD, etc.)
- Identity and access management solutions and protocols (LDAP, SAML, Kerberos etc.)
- Big Data solutions (Hadoop and its ecosystem, Amazon EMR, BigData serverless)
- SIEM solutions (Splunk etc.)
What you will enjoy:
Competitive salary and equity options for all team members
Flexible working arrangements
Parental leave benefits (for both primary and secondary carers)
Sponsored team events and company celebrations
Great central location, currently remote though
Online learning for the whole team
Most importantly, working with clever and curious people that want to evangelise the data space
It's a great time to join Data Republic. We offer:
A well-funded, successful company at an early stage, with the opportunity to grow with the business globally. Excellent remuneration package including an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) in a fast-growing company. Opportunities for learning and growth on the cutting edge of data and data technologyJoin us in helping the world decide wisely by building a global ecosystem for governed analytics collaborations and data exchanges.
Your application has been successfully submitted.