This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Data Republic we are delivering technology at the leading edge of the emerging data sector. We work closely with forward-thinking companies, governments and industry influencers around the world to enable a better future for all, powered by data insights. With us, you can be part of a data revolution! We’re looking for people with the curiosity and grit to join a start-up dedicated to changing how the world works with data. Why? We know data has the power to unlock benefits for business and society as a whole, but there are huge consequences when it is misused. That’s why we’re forging a Data Republic where governed access to the world’s data is made possible.
We’re proud to say that we’re backed by some big names (ANZ, Westpac Reinventure, NAB Ventures, Qualgro VC and Qantas Loyalty), but that doesn’t stop us from being a team that cares about startup hustle, big ideas and sharing a beer on a Friday.
We are looking for a mid-level DevOps Engineer who is hands-on in Linux, cloud infrastructure, containers orchestration and CI/CD pipeline automation to work closely with one of our development teams.
As a DevOps Engineer at Data Republic, you become a part of our growing engineering team. In this exciting role, you will need to think on your feet, be a great team player and contribute towards your team’s success.
Your work will be distributed between initiatives to advance Data Republic’s technology stack, help development teams to release new features as well as keeping the lights on.
You will need to understand the specifics of managing large-scale distributed systems, and also have a keen interest in continuing to learn and grow.
What you'll need
- Proven Linux administration background (3+ years)
- Kubernetes administration and deployment
- Solid understanding of networking concepts (switching, routing, TCP stack)
- Solid understanding of Web
- Application containers (Docker)
- Cloud infrastructure (AWS)
- Scripting skills in at least one high-level language (Shell, Python etc.)
- Configuration management (Saltstack, Puppet, Ansible etc.)
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform or AWS CloudFormation)
Some of the other tech you will be working with
- Experience with Information Security controls (cloud and on-premises), compliance requirements and DevSecOps
- Building CI/CD pipelines for Infrastructure and Applications
- Release/pipeline automation (Github, Bamboo etc.)
- Infrastructure code test automation
- Identity and access management solutions (OpenAM, Amazon Cognito, Auth0, Okta etc.) and protocols (LDAP, SAML, Kerberos etc.)
- APM and Infrastructure monitoring (Prometheus, NewRelic, Nagios etc.)
- SIEM solutions (Splunk, Cloudwatch Logs, ELK etc.)
What you will enjoy:
Competitive salary and equity options for all team members
Flexible working arrangements
Parental leave benefits (for both primary and secondary carers)
Sponsored team events and company celebrations
Great central location, currently remote though
Online learning for the whole team
Most importantly, working with clever and curious people that want to evangelise the data space
It's a great time to join Data Republic. We offer:
A well-funded, successful company at an early stage, with the opportunity to grow with the business globally. Excellent remuneration package including an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) in a fast-growing company. Opportunities for learning and growth on the cutting edge of data and data technologyJoin us in helping the world decide wisely by building a global ecosystem for governed analytics collaborations and data exchanges.
Your application has been successfully submitted.