Senior Software Engineer
Adelaide SA, Australia
Fleet is an agile, next generation connectivity company. Our mission is to Connect Everything using cutting-edge communications and space technologies to maximise the resource efficiency of human civilisation and enable the next industrial revolution with our free, ubiquitous connectivity platform.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our product team.
In this role you will be working on applications in our cloud based serverless infrastructure and its interfaces with our nanosatellite constellation and edge IoT gateways.
You will be working in a small Agile team where teamwork and collaboration is key. The mentality of “rolling your sleeves up” and assisting with tasks that could be out of your scope is expected and provides you with an opportunity to grow and expand your knowledge.
- Build highly available and scalable, cloud native applications
- Own the software development process end-to-end
- Work with engineers and product managers to develop requirements
- Give input regarding scoping and estimation of work
- Assist with design, plan, implementation, and test of new systems and features
- Deploying, and operating the production systems
- Utilise Gitflow for feature branching and completing code reviews
- Work in an Agile framework
- Provide mentorship and guidance for Junior developers
- The courage and professional maturity to have principled, evidence-based discussion of multiple approaches to a single challenge.
- A product mindset, in which engineering costs are measured against the benefits to our stakeholders.
- Creative and collaborative
- Strong experience working with AWS cloud architecture and various applications
- Experience working with one of Node/Typescript, Python or Go
- Experience with git (Bitbucket, GitHub, GitLab, etc.) and building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines.
- Good knowledge of automated testing best practices
- Knowledge of Agile practice
- Experience with serverless – SQS, Kinesis, Lambda, DynamoDB, etc.
- All applicants considered for hiring will be required to undertake a National Police Check
Fleet is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Fleet is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, colour, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
This role is located at Fleet's Headquarters in Adelaide, South Australia.
Your application has been successfully submitted.