This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fleet is an agile, next generation connectivity company. Our mission is to Connect Everything using cutting-edge communications and space technologies to maximise the resource efficiency of human civilisation and enable the next industrial revolution with our low-cost, ubiquitous connectivity platform.
To assist our growing software team, we are looking to appoint an experienced Embedded Linux Software Engineer to work on systems in our satellites and related communication technologies using GoLang as the main language.
- Own the software development process end-to-end
- Code development for embedded systems using GoLang
- Embedded Linux distribution management
- Give input regarding scoping and estimation of work
- Work in an Agile framework and contribute to our Agile practice
- Demonstrated experience coding with GoLang
- Minimum 5+ years of combined coding experience with GoLang C, C++ or Python
- Experience with Protobuf or GRPC
- Experience building embedded Linux systems using Yocto and/or Buildroot
- Experience using hardware interfaces such as UART/SPI/I2C
- Agile experience
- The courage and professional maturity to have principled, evidence-based discussion of multiple approaches to a single challenge.
- Creative and collaborative approach to problem solving
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or equivalent degree
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
Fleet is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Fleet is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, colour, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
This role is located at Fleet's Headquarters in Adelaide, South Australia.
Your application has been successfully submitted.