Vinted is Europe’s biggest pre-loved fashion marketplace, with 30 million members in 12 countries. Our mission is green: we want to make second-hand the first choice globally.
A team of over 500 people from Vinted’s offices in Vilnius, Berlin, and Prague develop and support our platform. We share a unique work culture that’s based on aiming high, taking ownership, co-creating, caring, and growth.
As part of Vinted’s Search team, you’ll help improve search relevance and collaborate closely with the Product teams. Your goal is to design, build, and maintain the search platform of the new generation of Vinted, so that it can handle billions of search queries. The role will mostly focus on aspects of the search ranking problem such as query understanding, search results ranking, search relevance, machine learning and localization of results. If you think you’re up to the challenge – get in touch!
Feel free to take a look at engineering.vinted.com – s/elasticsearch/i to see what we’re up to.
In this position you will:
- Work on the ranking and search relevance of over 466 million documents
- Design and develop recommendation systems and productionalizing ML models for real-time decisions (don’t worry - we’ll help you to learn that!)
- Manage Elasticsearch indices, mapping, analyzers, and filters in automated fashion
- Collaborate and coordinate with the Product teams
- Create new services and improve existing ones
- Monitor and evaluate a range of search metrics
- Work with large scale data processing and analytics
- Participate in an on-call rotation with the team every 4-5 weeks
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with engineers, product managers, data scientists, analysts, and business stakeholders
- An understanding of search relevance ranking
- Willing to learn and master new technologies and concepts
- A familiarity with most, and deep knowledge in at least a few of the following disciplines; search systems, algorithms, software engineering, systems scaling, systems performance tuning, and computer science
- Prior experience with Elasticsearch, search relevance optimisation, Solr, Lucene, Vespa, or search in general would be an advantage
- You have proficient programming skills – we need to engineer and maintain our tools daily
- You’re pragmatic and curious, with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to see the bigger picture
- Opportunity to join our stock options programme
- Learning budget (13.2% from net yearly salary)
- 25 working days of holiday
- A canteen that serves homemade food at friendly prices
- Monthly team-building events
- Remote workout classes
- A personal budget for shopping on Vinted
The salary range for this position is 4500-6700€ Gross monthly.
If this sounds interesting – you may well be just who we need. Send your application before 15 October 2020 and we’ll be in touch.
Your application has been successfully submitted.