Backend Engineer (SRE)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Vinted is Europe’s biggest preloved fashion marketplace, with 30 million members in 12 countries. Our mission is green: we want to make second-hand the first choice globally.
A team of more than 500 people from Vinted’s offices in Vilnius, Berlin, and Prague develop and support our platform. We share a unique work culture that’s based on aiming high, taking ownership, co-creating, caring, and growth.
We’re looking for a Backend Engineer to help evolve and scale an infrastructure that consists of more than ~1000 fat servers, in 3 Data Centers. As part of Vinted’s SRE team, you’ll work with us on network, databases, search clusters, and cache clusters for the fast-growing, new generation of Vinted. This presents great opportunities to grow as a professional and take on new responsibilities. If you think you’re up to the challenge – get in touch!
Here are some of the technologies we use: CentOS 7, Chef, Ruby, Rails, MySQL, Vitess, ElasticSearch, Ceph, mcrouter, Memcached, Redis, Redis Sentinel, Kafka, JVM, GO, Prometheus, Grafana, Nginx, Jenkins, Docker, Datadog and Kubernetes.
In this position you’ll:
- Scale a Ceph-based images service to operate and store photos into multiregional storage clusters
- Scale our feed and sidekiq jobs (currently Redis centric)
- Be part of the Vitess project - maintaining our yearly expanding databases
- Run Vinted services on Kubernetes
- Support developers in improving observability in their services
- Solve a range of performance issues in our platform
- Write code to automate manual work
- Participate in an on-call rotation with the team every 15 weeks
- 3+ years of hands on work experience in developing or operating at scale
- A curious individual who wants to learn and master concepts and technologies we use
- Familiarity with technologies in our stack
- Previous experience of infrastructure management is a plus
- Opportunity to join our stock options programme
- Learning budget (13.2% from net yearly salary)
- 25 working days of holiday
- Remote workout classes
- A canteen that serves homemade food at friendly prices
- Monthly team-building events
- A personal budget for shopping on Vinted
Depending on your experience, the salary range is €4130 - €7440 gross.
If this sounds interesting - you may be just who we need. Click 'apply' and we will be in touch.
Your application has been successfully submitted.