Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Notice on location: Ideally we would like this person to be in Berlin. Right now, we are working remotely from Berlin but like to be able to meet as a team once or twice during the week, as this is important to build culture as an early-stage startup. Please do not apply if you're not currently in Berlin or if you're not open to relocating.
What we're looking for
Passbase's growth has created an opportunity for an ambitious Senior Software Engineer. If you value autonomy and the responsibility that comes with it; if you are keen on learning, experimenting, and learning from failure; if you do not accept low effort and strive to continually improve yourself and your team; if you have a voice and want to use it; if you aspire to help others with your work, then Passbase is for you. We want your expertise to expand on our success and bring Passbase to the next level.
What is FrontEnd at Passbase?
- React is our framework of choice and we strive to use the latest best practices (Hooks, Concurrency), coupled with TypeScript, ESlint, Jest, Styled-components & Storybook for quick & safe iterative work
- Applications development such as a customer-facing dashboard, a back-office dashboard and an internal reviewing tool using NextJS (+ Webpack), Apollo, Styled-components as our core dependencies
- Customer-facing Web SDK development using Webpack & Axios
- Design system development using Styled-components, Storybook & Rollup
- Interact with our BackEnd composed of GraphQL & REST APIs
- 5+ years of experience as a Frontend software engineer
- CSS latest standards (Grid, Flexbox)
- Functional programming focused
- Strong knowledge of Webpack/Rollup, Babel, Jest, ESLint, Storybook
- Ability to deliver plug'n'play features with a strong emphasis on developer experience
- Strong understanding of computer science (data structures, data flows, basic networking)
- The skills to be autonomous: curiosity in your domain-specific technologies, critical thinking and design, confidence and compassion, focus on solutions, knowledge and vision sharing, cooperation and the ability to make decisions with incomplete information
Nice to have
- A portfolio of websites/libraries you developed/worked on (GitHub, Code Pen ..)
- Experience in mobile development (Native: iOS, Android or React-Native, Flutter)
- A chance to work on one of the most exciting problems of the 21st century
- A diverse international team backed by renowned investors
- Regular team events
- Flexible schedule & work from home opportunities
We work hard and celebrate our success. Our challenges are vast and creativity is crucial. That means that we divide problems not tasks and emphasize autonomy in the approach. We strive towards a common goal and are all responsible for getting there. From accounting to design, we help each other achieve the best possible results by radical transparency and constant learning. We believe each one of us is a leader at this company and treat our peers accordingly.
If this feels like an environment you could see yourself in, we encourage you to apply and look forward to finding out more about you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.