Machine Learning/Data Engineer
Toronto, ON, Canada
Summary of Position and Responsibilities
As part of Xanadu’s Machine Learning team, the selected candidate will be responsible for working with a multidisciplinary team of machine learning experts and quantum algorithm developers to bring machine learning models into production. They will develop, deploy, and maintain code, models, and pipelines leveraging various cloud providers and services; automate model training, testing, deployment, and monitoring; and design solution architectures for data driven applications.
Prospective applicants must have strong technical, programming, and mathematical skills. They must possess the ability to evaluate established methods and tools, learn new ones quickly, and apply their knowledge to solve practical problems. Applicants should be self-motivated and demonstrate the ability to successfully meet objectives. Familiarity with quantum computing is not essential for this position, but is a definite plus.
Basic Qualifications and Experience
- MSc in Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience building and deploying production-grade machine learning applications at scale.
- Strong software engineering skills across multiple languages (Python, Scala, Java, C++, etc.)
- Experience building and supporting development environments for Machine Learning/Data Science teams.
- Experience with distributed computing frameworks like Spark, Dask, or Hadoop.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- PhD in Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, or a related field.
- Solid mathematical understanding of machine learning, statistical modelling, probability theory, and linear algebra.
- Experience with frontend and backend web application development.
- Passionate about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, testing, and continuous delivery.
- Familiarity with and experience working in a fast-growing technology start-up environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a copy of your CV along with a cover letter outlining why you think this is the right role for you!
To build quantum computers that are useful and available to people everywhere. Learn more about our mission here.
Our values are everything. They are fundamental and lay the foundation for culture at Xanadu. Learn more about our values here.
At Xanadu, we are committed to building an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals and support a barrier-free workplace. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.