NN Kernel Engineer
Toronto, ON, Canada
We are looking for an experienced Kernel Engineer. The objective of the role is to build efficient implementations of real-world neural nets kernels specialized for our unique architecture, including implementation of other algorithms like beam search, and designing layers to maximize layer-to-layer and IO throughput. The successful candidate will build a deep understanding of the capabilities, limitations and details of our architecture and work closely with our architects and compiler engineers.
Requirements & Responsibilities
- Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics or related degree, preferably MS or PhD
- Demonstrated ability to work independently through challenging but tightly constrained problems
- Interest and ability to work with both high level conceptual and very low-level technical details
- Interest in problem-solving within highly structured and tightly constrained environments
- Design and prototype low-level implementation strategies for various neural net operations
- Communicate optimization ideas both to compiler engineers and to architects working on future product generations
- Design multi-chip neural net inference strategies
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Python experience
- Assembly language development experience
- CUDA or other low-level GPU or AI accelerator programming experience
- Knowledge of AI algorithms
- Strong mathematical skills
- Enjoy solving very complex problem (like doing IQ tests, solving tricky math problems)
About Untether AI:
Untether AI is developing a groundbreaking new architecture that will bring neural net inference to new levels of performance and efficiency. Founded in Toronto in 2018 by a team of scientists and entrepreneurs, Untether AI’s ultra-efficient, high performance AI chips will eliminate the data movement bottleneck that costs energy and performance in traditional architectures. With the support of tier one investors, we are challenging the status quo with an architecture that is fundamentally unique. Working with us means getting the opportunity to be a part of something big - a chance to create the future of AI.
Your application has been successfully submitted.