Senior C++ Engineer (with focus on ML)
Scandit is a high-growth tech scaleup from Switzerland with offices in Zurich, Boston, Warsaw, London and Tampere.
Our technology for recognizing any barcode with any standard mobile phone is leading in the market today. To see our software in action, check out our videos.
We are now looking for a new colleague to join our passionate team of computer vision and machine learning engineers and help us make the next steps. Together with the other team members, you will be responsible for further improving our scanning performance of our on-device barcode, text and object recognition solutions. You will extend and optimize our real-time computer vision library and the quality assurance systems for machine learning. You, along with other engineers, will make sure that the overall system delivers maximal performance while maintaining minimal power consumption on a wide range of hardware platforms.
If these challenges sound interesting to you, send us your application.
What You Will Do
- Design and improve APIs and the architecture of our SDK components.
- Adapt our device simulation system to new use cases, implement new metrics and make the system scale so it can process millions of images and videos each night efficiently.
- Improve the reliability and functionality of our on-device performance profiling system.
- Work closely with machine learning and computer vision engineers in building efficient and well maintainable algorithms.
- Plan and implement an automated fuzzing system to detect bugs and worst case execution scenarios in our products.
Who You Are
- You have an MSc in computer science or a related field
- You have 5+ years of experience architecting and extending large software projects
- Writing modern cross-platform C++ code is one of your strengths
- You enjoy speeding up algorithms using multi-threading
- Your are passionate about the latest developments in C++ and enjoy sharing your knowledge with others
- You believe in automated testing for producing high-quality code
- Experience in computer vision, image processing or machine learning is a plus
- Experience in Python programming is a plus
- You are thorough and pay attention to details
What We Offer
- A highly skilled team and a fun environment where you can put your enthusiasm for cutting-edge technologies to use
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity to travel
- A highly skilled and helpful team of international researchers, scientists and engineers to work with
- Hackathons, Christmas fondue parties, company outings and other regular events
Who We Are
Scandit enables enterprises and consumers to change the way they interact with everyday objects and augment the physical world with real-time data captured by scanning barcodes and recognizing text, objects, and other visual identifiers using smartphones, tablets, wearables, drones and robots.
Scandit’s mobile data capture platform is built on proprietary computer vision, augmented reality, and machine learning technologies. Companies in industries such as retail, transportation & logistics, manufacturing, and healthcare can use Scandit’s technology to create and power mobile apps for crucial enterprise workflows like mobile point of sale, mobile shopping, self-checkout, inventory management, and proof of delivery.
Many of the world’s most innovative and successful companies are benefiting from Scandit’s enterprise-grade mobile data capture platform, including Sephora, Louis Vuitton, DHL, and Levi Strauss & Co.
Your application has been successfully submitted.