Senior DevOps Enginee
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Flock is an enterprise messaging and collaboration app. At Flock we believe that synchronous messaging tools, supported with internal and external applications, have the power to smash organisational hierarchies, breakdown silos in the workplace, help companies better capture innovative ideas, support individuals in making faster decisions, and also bring more personable communication style into the workplace.
With 30,000 businesses already using the platform we know that we are onto something big, and are now gearing up for a period of rapid growth.
Flock is founded by Bhavin Turakhia. Serial entrepreneur and billionaire, Bhavin Turakhia is driven by a passion for problem-solving and maximizing efficiency through technology driven innovations. In the last 22 years, he has built 5 successful businesses, all driven by his belief that “it is our moral obligation to make an impact that is proportionate to our potential”. At 17, he co-founded Resellerclub, Logicboxes and BigRock, which he exited in a $160mn transaction in 2014. He is presently heading Flock - a suite of productivity apps, Zeta - a digital payments platform, and Radix - a leading registry for top-level extensions.
We are looking for a talented individual to join our DevOps and Platforms Engineering team. You will play an important role in helping build and run our globally distributed infrastructure stack and platforms. Technologies you can expect to work on every day include Linux, AWS, MySQL/PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Hadoop/HBase, OpenTSDB, ElasticSearch, Jenkins, Docker and Ansible amongst others.
What is the Job like?
- Build automation tools for provisioning and managing our cloud infrastructure by leveraging the AWS API for EC2, S3, CloudFront, RDS and Route53 amongst others
- Proactively seek out opportunities and contribute to enhancing and managing various infrastructure services such as monitoring , orchestration and continuous delivery pipelines.
- Work closely with software development teams to build reliable and scalable services that power our products.
- Enhance and maintain our metrics and logs collection, processing and visualization infrastructure
- Automate systems configuration by writing policies and modules for configuration management tools
- Write both frontend (html/css/js) and backend code (Python, Ruby, Perl)
- Participate in Production Operations, Oncalls etc and troubleshoot and fix production outages , performance issues etc in our AWS/Linux infrastructure stack
Who should apply for this Role?
- 3+ yrs of DevOps and Operations Engineering experience
- In depth Linux/Unix knowledge, good understanding of the various kernel subsystems (cpu, memory, storage, network etc)
- DNS, TCP/IP, Routing, HA & Load Balancing
- Configuration management using tools like Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- SQL and NoSQL databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and HBase
- Build and packaging tools like Jenkins and RPM/Yum
- HA and Load balancing using tools like the Elastic Load Balancer and HAProxy
- Monitoring tools like Icinga, Sensu, Pingdom or similar
- Log management tools like logstash, fluentd, syslog, elasticsearch or similar
- Metrics collection tools like Ganglia, Graphite, Influx, Prometheus, Elastic stack, OpenTSDB etc
- Programming in a high level language like Python or Ruby
Benefits and Perks
We at Flock love our jobs. And it’s no surprise – we get to work on exciting, new projects with some of the best brains in the industry, and that too in a vibrant atmosphere that is designed to be comfortable and conducive for our personal and professional growth.
And Flock goes the extra mile to make you feel at home. We offer benefits ranging from affordable catered meals and even snacks on the house. Our workspaces are welcoming and fun, complete with bean bag chairs and ping pong tables. You are free to wear what makes you comfortable and choose the hours you keep, as a team. Oh, and we’ve got your family covered too, with great health insurance plans and other benefits. In short, everything you need to be your best self at work!
We are passionate about helping teams move to the next level of communication and collaboration, and believe that happy employees are key to achieving this goal. If you like the idea of working on cutting-edge technologies and solutions that have a truly global impact, get in touch!
Your application has been successfully submitted.