Senior Python Engineer (m/f/d)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
byrd offers e-commerce businesses access to a virtual warehouse that connects their online shop seamlessly with multiple warehouses across borders. The fully integrated web application enables merchants to outsource their whole logistics - from storage to shipping - with only a few clicks. Moreover, they can manage and track their orders - regardless of the number of warehouses they ship from - in one single tool and access reports to optimize their logistics. At byrd, technology meets the logistics expertise of dozens of logistics providers on a global scale. As a consequence, retailers can offer shipping that meets and exceeds their customers’ expectations.
As a Senior Python Engineer you will
- Collaborate ‒ within a small but highly-skilled team to fundamentally change the way people think about logistics software.
- Design ‒ simple solutions to complex problems, with a high degree of freedom, from start to finish.
- Develop ‒ a robust, tested, and scalable platform, which you and your colleagues enjoy working on.
- Improve ‒ microservices, APIs, and our continuous integration/deployment pipelines.
- Lead ‒ champion best-practices and encourage knowledge sharing.
- 3+ years of industry experience in Python development. When your friends ask you if you have a favourite poem, you reply: PEP 20.
- Expertise in a Python framework, such as Flask or Django.
- A test believer. Tests are an everyday occurrence for you, not an afterthought or chore.
- Web services and REST APIs are second nature to you.
- A rounded knowledge of SQL and ORMs.
- Past experience of working in agile teams, using continuous integration and deployment practices.
- Humility. We appreciate constructive criticism and are not afraid to employ it.
- Strong communication skills. (English required, German an asset)
Experience with these would be a plus
- Using (and upgrading to) Python 3
- Heroku, AWS or similar cloud platform
- Systems architecture, containerization tools and platforms
- Microservices (when and when not to use them)
- API documentation generation, such as Swagger
- Life in a startup
Tech we use
- Python (Flask, SQLAlchemy)
- Heroku & AWS
- Angular & NgRx
Some perks we offer
Naturally, you can expect the “Standard Berlin Start-Up Perk Package”. Flexible working hours, a calm and productive environment, and the possibility to take home office if needed. We will of course provide fresh fruit and snacks and coffee.
Besides these standard goodies we support your personal and professional growth with a free Urban Sports Club membership and various team activities. We want our employees to be healthy, happy, and well rested.
But let’s be honest, the most precious perk is that your contribution, effort and opinion will be valued and appreciated. You will work directly with the founders and a team of skilled and professional colleagues and managers. As we are a results driven company we encourage smart, rather than hard work.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity. Therefore, we do not discriminate based on religion, skin colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We are looking forward to your application!
Your application has been successfully submitted.