DevOps Engineer (m/f/d)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
byrd offers e-commerce businesses access to a virtual warehouse that connects their online shop seamlessly with multiple warehouses across borders. The fully integrated web application enables merchants to outsource their whole logistics - from storage to shipping - with only a few clicks. Moreover, they can manage and track their orders - regardless of the number of warehouses they ship from - in one single tool and access reports to optimize their logistics. At byrd, technology meets the logistics expertise of dozens of logistics providers on a global scale. As a consequence, retailers can offer shipping that meets and exceeds their customers’ expectations.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer (m/f/d) to support our Team in Vienna or Berlin
- Support our engineering team in software development (CI, CD)
- Build and maintain our server infrastructure on AWS and Heroku
- Setup, maintain and optimize IT Infrastructure in our Warehouses (remote only)
- Optimize and automate various IT processes
- On call shifts may be applicable in the future
What we are looking for
- IT Background, ideally 2+ years as DevOps Engineer
- In-depth knowledge of at least one Cloud Infrastructure Provider (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Very good knowledge of Unix/Linux, especially on system level (bash, command line)
- Good knowledge of VPNs & firewalls, how to set them up & debug connection issues (OpenVPN, IPSec)
- Good knowledge of container/virtualization technologies (Docker, VMs)
- Good knowledge of security best practices
- Knowledge of operating and maintaining Database Servers such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, etc.
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with automation technologies like ansible or packer
What you can expect from byrd
Naturally, you can expect the “Standard Start-Up Perk Package”. Flexible working hours, a calm and productive environment, and the possibility to take home office if needed. We will of course provide fresh fruit and snacks and coffee.
Besides these standard goodies we support your personal and professional growth with a free MyClub membership and various team activities. We want our employees to be healthy, happy, and well rested.
But let’s be honest, the most precious perk is that your contribution, effort and opinion will be valued and appreciated. We offer meaningful tasks, which have a direct impact on the company and its customers. You will work directly with the founders and a team of skilled and professional engineers and managers. As we are a results driven company we encourage smart, rather than hard work.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity. Therefore, we do not discriminate based on religion, skin colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
- Angular X
- Jasmine test framework
- Microservice Architecture
- Python Flask
- PostgreSQL (SQLAlchemy)
- Redis (Celery, RQ)
- PyTest, Selenium for E2E
- Warehouse App
- Native Java Android App
- AWS Device Farm
- AWS Cloud
- Jenkins for CI/CD
- Ansible for Automation
We are looking forward to your application!
Your application has been successfully submitted.