Senior Full-Stack Developer (m/f/d)
byrd offers e-commerce businesses access to a virtual warehouse that connects their online shop seamlessly with multiple warehouses across borders. The fully integrated web application enables merchants to outsource their whole logistics - from storage to shipping - with only a few clicks. Moreover, they can manage and track their orders - regardless of the number of warehouses they ship from - in one single tool and access reports to optimize their logistics. At byrd, technology meets the logistics expertise of dozens of logistics providers on a global scale. As a consequence, retailers can offer shipping that meets and exceeds their customers’ expectations.
As a Senior Fullstack Developer you will
- Collaborate ‒ within a small but highly-skilled team to fundamentally change the way people think about logistics software.
- Design ‒ simple solutions to complex problems, with a high degree of freedom, from start to finish.
- Develop ‒ robust, tested, and scalable code across the stack, which you and your colleagues enjoy working on.
- Improve ‒ microservices, APIs and our customer dashboards
- Lead ‒ champion best-practices and encourage knowledge sharing.
- 3+ years of industry experience in web development, including at least 1 year using Python. You are a true champion, fearless and ready to conquer anything which stands in your way.
- You can own tasks: working independently to solve problems – from planning and modelling, through to developing APIs and user interfaces.
- Good knowledge of frontend frameworks such as Angular, React, or Vue.
- A test believer. Tests are an everyday occurrence for you, not an afterthought or chore.
- Past experience of working in agile teams, using continuous integration and deployment practices.
- Humility. We appreciate constructive criticism and are not afraid to employ it.
- Strong communication skills. (English required, German an asset)
Experience with these would be a plus
- Heroku, AWS, or similar cloud platform
- Life in a startup
Tech we use
- Python (Flask, SQLAlchemy)
- Angular & NgRx
- Heroku & AWS
Some perks we offer
Naturally, you can expect the “Standard Berlin Start-Up Perk Package”. Flexible working hours, a calm and productive environment, and the possibility to take home office if needed. We will of course provide fresh fruit and snacks and coffee.
Besides these standard goodies we support your personal and professional growth with a free Urban Sports Club membership and various team activities. We want our employees to be healthy, happy, and well rested.
But let’s be honest, the most precious perk is that your contribution, effort and opinion will be valued and appreciated. You will work directly with the founders and a team of skilled and professional colleagues and managers. As we are a results driven company we encourage smart, rather than hard work.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity. Therefore, we do not discriminate based on religion, skin colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We are looking forward to your application!
Your application has been successfully submitted.