Software Engineer – Java (Information Retrieval / Machine Learning)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Cortical.io is a young entrepreneurial company focusing on Natural Language Understanding (NLU). We use our patented technology in combination with sophisticated Artificial Intelligence (AI) approaches to address problems others have failed to solve. Over the last couple of years, we have built an impressive client portfolio of global Fortune 500 companies. At this point, we are looking to expand our team at our headquarters in Vienna.
The ideal candidates for this position have experience in Java product development, information retrieval, and/or Natural Language Processing (NLP). If you are keen on learning new technologies and want to contribute to software solutions that solve challenging NLU problems, then you should send us your application.
- Good working proficiency in written and spoken English
- European Union citizenship or authorization to work in Austria
What you’ll be working on
- Be part of a core technology team, creating an enterprise ready technology for our state-of-the-art AI and NLP solutions to solve real-world use cases for large companies
- Participate in the design, development and improvement of our NLP products, i.e. our semantic search engine or classification module
What you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years of professional experience in Java product development
- Basic knowledge of NLP and/or Elasticsearch
- Practical experience with
- Integration tools (Maven, Jenkins, Git)
- Software testing and code reviews
- Common technologies such as Spring, REST, JSON, NoSQL
- Docker & UNIX-style environment
- Solid development practices in an agile software environment (Scrum/Kanban)
- Strong sense for team work and knowledge sharing
- Willingness to investigate and learn new technologies
It would be great if you also had
- A master’s degree in computer science or related field
- Experience in information retrieval, AI or NLP
- Professional experience in implementing projects using elastic search or lucene
- Experience with other programming languages, e.g. Python, Shell scripting
What you’ll benefit from
- 25 vacation days a year, the Austrian national health insurance and pension plan
- A relaxed, diverse, and friendly work environment in a pleasant office with flexible working arrangements
- The option of occasional home office
- The satisfaction of engineering successful AI and NLU solutions where competing technologies have come up short
- Joining a growing technology company that is already working with many big-name customers
We offer minimum salary of € 3.048,- per month (in accordance with the collective agreement) but provide a market-compliant higher salary depending on qualifications and experience.
Your application has been successfully submitted.