Senior QA Engineer
Founded circa 2012 in Barcelona, Typeform was founded by two designers: David Okuniev and Robert Muñoz. Their mission? Make online forms a little more human. Today, Typeform works on the future of online forms. Powering your brand’s interactions with beautifully designed, professional-looking online forms that people just love. Create forms, surveys, quizzes (and so much more) to grow your audience, improve just about anything, and validate (or invalidate) your best ideas.
The most important interaction on the web is the exchange of information between a brand and its audience. And that exchange usually happens through online forms. We believe that even a utility like online forms should be remarkable. Our customers say they get more answers from their audience and even the occasional compliment. Make every interaction count.
Typeform is a team of nearly 200 people representing over 30 countries. Typeform is backed by fantastic investors – General Atlantic, Index Ventures, Point Nine Capital, RTAventures, and Connect Ventures. We have offices in Barcelona, Spain and in San Francisco, United States.
About the Role
At Typeform we believe in the Quality Assistance model: we've been introducing QA engineers at Typeform to help our teams do better software. The Quality team exists not to test our software on every release, but to help teams get better at it.
We have around 20 cross-functional teams devoted to:
- Developing new product functionalities.
- Enhance user experience through experimentation and A/B testing.
- Maintaining a healthy and performant platform and infrastructure.
We have a modern stack made out of several React applications backed by dozens of microservices written in PHP and Go. Each project is independent and we deploy several times per day.
At typeform we are pixel-perfect and we really care for our User eXperience that is why quality has a main role at the company.
Here's what you´ll do:
- Become part of our cross-functional teams at times in order to develop their testing skills, processes and testing strategies.
- Align and collaborate with the rest of the quality team (inc. tools engineers) to promote consistency, identify common needs, build tools, etc.
- Measure quality and identify areas for improvement through the use of metrics.
- Contribute to our software projects, potentially pairing with other devs, to improve our test suite and other quality aspects of the platform.
Here's what we are after:
- 3+ years of experience in the Software industry - even better if you worked with product companies before!
- A proactive team player that collaborates with others to find solutions.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- You develop with a quality-oriented mindset and you are comfortable with TDD and BDD.
- You have experience in building, testing and monitoring both the frontend and the backend of an application. Here we use Cypress, Puppeteer and Codecept.io. Our app is mostly written in React and Go.
- Any experience with performance, visual, contract and security testing is a plus.
- Understanding of agile processes from a quality perspective: Story definition, acceptance criteria, three amigos, retrospectives, etc.
- Deep understanding and practical experience of CI/CD practices.
- Good analysis skills to define the right testing strategy for the project.
Think you’re a good fit? Hit apply—success might be just around the corner 😉
*Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Your application has been successfully submitted.