This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are on the look out for a QA Engineer to join our team!
In response to COVID -19, this role will be WFH full time until 2021. Applicants therefore must be in a position to work from their home and have a secure workstation appropriate for home working for an extended period.
In 2021, your flexibility to work in our Leeds office will be key, as we will be gradually returning to our offices.
Leading global brands and social platforms trust Crisp for Social Media Safety, safeguarding their share price and reputation by guaranteeing they are always the first to know. Which means they are always the first to act.
By combining Artificial and Human Intelligence, Crisp’s Extended Intelligence delivers 24/7/365 safety by continually fighting the weaponization of communications from whoever the source, whatever the language and whichever the online harm.
Crisp tracks and understands what ‘Bad Actors’ are saying to build accurate profiles and use predictive and behavioural analytics to identify trends and identify the “unknown unknowns”. Crisp’s proprietary technology then does the heavy lifting by scanning the web continuously, capturing billions of pieces of data on this select cohort of individuals.
Crisp currently protects over $3.6 trillion of aggregate market capitalisation across our current customer base. This demonstrates both the value and uniqueness of our service, and the trust our customers have in us to deliver that
As a successful QA Engineer, you will be supporting the work of the engineering team.
You'll be providing specialist input into testing tooling, features and hotfixes produced by the engineering team.
You will be contributing to a wider range of activities including the development and review of guidance, test plans, test scenarios, test data, risk assessment, issues, problem resolution and contribute to the delivery of high quality services.
You will be using your manual testing skills along with knowledge of test tooling for web services and applications to ensure a consistently high quality of the product for our global clients, therefore experience in web application and web service testing is essential.
In return you will have the opportunity to grow your testing skills and work closely with a dynamic, exciting development team working on a world-leading platform.
- Experience of different test methodologies and Agile based test approaches for both manual and automated tool assisted testing is essential.
- Experience of writing new (and the maintenance of existing) test plans and comprehensive test scripts to ensure the correct execution of business functionality and user requirements
- The ability to maintain knowledge of specific software applications and provide detailed advice regarding their functionality and usage to others.
- Experience of defining and refining test conditions and scenarios from a specification, user story or acceptance criteria in order to test complex systems.
- Experience of designing and creating test data to verify expected test results.
- Experience of identifying code defects through test execution.
- Experience of working in a cloud hosted environment with CI/CD tools.
- Experience of using modern test tools Jira, Visual studio or similar.
What you need to have
- Experience in regression and functional testing
- Keen eye for detail and passion to deliver quality work
- Good understanding of user experience testing
- Ability to manually test REST API’s using suitable test tools
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience in Web Application Testing
- A natural problem solver who strives to learn new things
- Basic knowledge of Test Automation techniques
- Agile worker who can adapt easily, embrace change and overcome obstacles in a fast-paced environment
Nice to have
- ISTQB foundation, or similar qualification
- Familiarity with testing asynchronous systems
- Experience with cloud providers such as Google Cloud / AWS / Azure
- Experience with Selenium Web Driver using C# to automate simple tasks
Our rewards are as unique as our culture, and we want to attract the best people and keep hold of them.
Not only will we ensure that your development is key, but you will be joining a fantastic team of like-minded people who work together as one team to achieve a shared vision.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which include
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Life Insurance Cover
Healthcare Cash Plan
Subsidised gym membership
Cycle to Work scheme
If this isn’t enough, we are set in some of the best offices in Leeds and have free fruit delivered every Monday, we have a breakfast order each Friday, including ‘beer’ afternoon on Fridays…plus monthly pizza treats !
'This work meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, any applicants who are offered work for this organisation will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. A criminal record will not automatically bar a person from successfully taking up this post.
Your application has been successfully submitted.