Senior DevOps Engineer (m/f/d)
The web was created by scientists and for scientists, to foster scientific collaboration and drive progress for a better world. Join our team to take the web back to its roots and achieve that original mission. We’re a passionate team of pragmatic optimists from around the world and from many different backgrounds. Together, we focus on building great products that change the world of science for the better.
We love what we do. We connect the world of science and make research open to all.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be part of our site-reliability team to ensure that ResearchGate is available, reliable, and fast at all times for researchers and scientists around the world. By operating and automating the existing environment, your work will enable product and engineering innovation to connect the world of science.
- Monitor and manage bare-metal, virtualised and containerised environments
- Operate and optimise relational and noSQL database systems
- Maintain and extend core backend infrastructure services
- Diagnose problems detected by our systems and work quickly to resolve them
- Improve the scalability and reliability of our systems
- Operate and improve developer tooling for building, releasing and deploying software
- Build and extend metrics, monitoring and alerting capabilities
- Improve productivity and performance via workflows and automation
- Extensive experience with web infrastructure, distributed systems, databases, and performance analysis
- In-depth understanding of technologies used in large-scale web deployments (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, load balancers, web servers, caching, databases, CDN)
- Profound knowledge of the components within the Kubernetes ecosystem
- Knowledge of configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet) or distributed storage solutions (Hadoop, Ceph) is a plus
- Capability of technical deep-dives into code, networking, systems, and storage with experienced engineers
- Advanced programming skills in Python, Java, Shell
You'll be working in a fast-paced environment where code is written, tested and shipped continuously. Our engineering team is passionate about building maintainable, scalable web applications that are constantly optimized to meet the needs of our users – 17+ million researchers worldwide.
Our hiring process is uncomplicated. You'll be interviewed by the people you'll be working with, so you can quickly find out if the role suits you best and start making an impact.
Your application has been successfully submitted.