Senior Software Engineer (m/w/x)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Grover is the alternative to ordinary - rethink things
Grover offers a simple, monthly subscription model for the tech you love - it's the new alternative to buying or financing tech products. For a small monthly fee, private customers, as well as businesses, get access to a wide assortment of tech products at a fraction of the purchase price. We're on a mission to re-invent consumption, break the barrier between ownership and usage, and make innovative technology accessible to everyone. As a member of the CE100 Emerging Innovators group of leading companies in the Circular Economy, we are at the forefront of reducing e-waste and establishing a more sustainable way of using products through recirculation. Since launching in 2015, we have reached more than 500.000 registered users and have raised roughly €300 million in equity and debt financing from investors including Samsung, Commerzbank, and Global Founders Capital. LinkedIn ranks Grover as one of the Top 10 hottest startups to work for in Germany in 2019 AND 2020!
Due to growth and international expansion, we are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our talented tech team in Berlin.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will:
- Develop new features working with cross-functional squads, within a distributed team
- Use creative thinking - we are building most of our features from scratch
- Create new services & integrations
- Have ownership to suggest and implement your own ideas
- Solve complex, but fun, technical challenges
- Share your knowledge, introducing new frameworks and languages to the team
- Participate in the creation of our engineering culture, build frameworks for our engineering processes
You care about:
- Quality code and innovation
- Ownership: you easily communicate ideas, implement them, and take responsibility for your actions
- Helping others: sharing knowledge with your colleagues is on top of your priorities
- Fast-paced startups: you love adapting to different situations, and you know how and when to iterate fast and with high quality
- Our product: you believe in our vision, and are willing to give your best to build the future of Grover
We are looking for a passionate Developer with:
- 5+ years of experience as Backend or Full-stack Developer
- Hands-on experience with Node.js and Typescript
- Background building high-scalable applications
- Experience working with a service-oriented environment with different system integrations
- Experience in distributed systems environment using Kafka
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, especially PostgreSQL
- Experience with infrastructures using Docker, Terraform and AWS
- Ecommerce, Fintech, or Retail experience is a plus
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours
- Semi-remote work structure. Office? Remote? Up to you.
- Learning opportunities - weekly guild learning, conferences, training budget
- Your choice of Windows or Mac, as well as headphones
- Entrepreneurial responsibility and flat-hierarchies
- Career growth
- Modern, spacious office located in central Berlin
- Open-minded variety of nationalities
- Team Events
Grover is the European market leader in technology rentals, bringing the access economy to the consumer electronics market. We value entrepreneurship, intelligence, and purpose in everything we do. We’re a team of over 100 creative and motivated minds, from over 31 countries - this shapes our way of thinking and work approach. Open communication, teamwork, and drive all go a long way at Grover. Our HQ in Berlin Mitte offers plenty of space for fun, collaboration, and rethinking things.
Your application has been successfully submitted.