Machine Learning Engineer (m/w/x)
Grover is the alternative to ordinary - rethink things.
Grover offers a simple, monthly subscription model for the tech you love - it's the new alternative to buying or financing tech products. For a small monthly fee, private customers, as well as businesses, get access to a wide assortment of tech products at a fraction of the purchase price. We're on a mission to re-invent consumption, break the barrier between ownership and usage, and make innovative technology accessible to everyone. As a member of the CE100 Emerging Innovators group of leading companies in the Circular Economy, we are at the forefront of reducing e-waste and establishing a more sustainable way of using products through recirculation. Since launching in 2015, we have reached more than 500.000 registered users and have raised roughly €300 million in equity and debt financing from investors including Samsung, Commerzbank, and Global Founders Capital. LinkedIn ranks Grover as one of the Top 10 hottest startups to work for in Germany in 2019.
We are now looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to work on the systems and tools that define our analytical power to join our talented Risk team in Berlin.
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will:
- Productize Machine Learning models for Credit Risk, Affordability, and Fraud Detection
- Maintain and support real-time decision engines, for example, order approval and fraud detection
- Develop and maintain deployment and data pipelines
- Implement new concepts such as data analysis (through Graph databases), unsupervised clustering, and anomaly detection
- Collaborate closely with Data Scientists & Software Engineers to drive excellence within the team
You care about:
- Quality code and work ethic
- Tech innovation and knowledge sharing
- Ownership: you easily communicate ideas, implement them, and take responsibility for your actions
- Helping others: sharing knowledge with your colleagues is on top of your priorities
- Fast-paced startups: you love adapting to different situations, and you know how and when to iterate fast and with high quality
- Our product: you believe in our vision, and are willing to give your best to build the future of Grover
We are looking for a passionate Machine LearningEngineer with:
- Knowledge of Machine Learning algorithms
- Proficient in Python
- Familiarity with libraries like pandas, Keras, NumPy, sci-kit-learn
- Experience in SQL
- Experience with Kafka is a plus
- BSc in Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics or similar disciplines
- 2+ years overarching business experience
Our tech stack:
- Python 3.6+ (Faust, sklearn, pandas, …)
- AWS Suite (Lambda, Redshift, ...)
- Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana (ELK)
What we offer:
- Flexible work structure. Office? Remote? Up to you.
- Entrepreneurial responsibility and flat-hierarchies
- Ownership of your work
- Modern, spacious office located in central Berlin
- Open-minded variety of nationalities
- A collaborative, open workplace
- Team Events
Grover is the European market leader in technology rentals, bringing the access economy to the consumer electronics market. We value entrepreneurship, intelligence, and purpose in everything we do. We’re a team of over 100 creative and motivated minds, from over 31 countries - this shapes our way of thinking and work approach. Open communication, teamwork, and drive all go a long way at Grover. Our HQ in Berlin Mitte offers plenty of space for fun, collaboration, and rethinking things.
Your application has been successfully submitted.