This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are looking for an experienced Back-end Developer
You will be developing and supporting web applications together with our design team and front end developers. You will take the technical lead for the back end of all your projects and decide on structure and database models together with your team. You are eager to constantly experiment with new technologies and frameworks and share this with the rest of the team. You’re not afraid of the command line and a big fan of CI/CD pipelines. The benefits of Docker or any other containerization technology are no secret for you. You will use these tools to lay out the development strategy for each project you participate in.
What do we expect?
- 5+ years of developing in different technologies
- Strong expertise in Node.js and experience with different frameworks
- GraphQL and json.api specs have no secrets for you
- Good knowledge of PHP frameworks, with a very strong preference for Laravel is a nice extra
- Experience with different kinds of relational databases and not afraid to take a look under the hood (e.g. query plan execution) for troubleshooting
- Be able to make a data analysis in order to create a database model
- Experience with task runners
- A Git grand master that can apply a proper (Gitflow) branching strategy
- Experience with provisioning and configuring servers preferably on one of the leading cloud platforms (AWS, Azure)
- Knowledge of IoT platform components such as high volume data ingestion software (Apache Kafka, Event Hub, AWS Kinesis ...), NoSQL or time series databases and data lake solutions (HDFS, Blob Storage, S3 …)
- And… you’re eager to learn new languages, frameworks and technologies
What can you expect?
We are a team of 30+ talented UX/UI designers, product designers, frontend & backend developers, electronics engineers, product developers, project managers and sales representatives. We work closely together and are constantly on the lookout to further improve our workflow and quality of work. We create innovative B2B and B2C solutions with a strong focus on IoT. We are platform-independent, and we service a wide variety of clients, resulting in a very diverse portfolio. We're not afraid of anything. We work in an amazing office in the center of Antwerp surrounded by green and we have a farm on our roof (for real, with tomatoes and chicken).
Sounds like you?
We wish you were already here :)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re the internet of things agency.