Full Stack Web Developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Cowboy is a Belgian startup that is developing innovative electric bikes for urban riders. Cowboy’s main goal is to improve urban mobility and take commuters to their destination in a more enjoyable, sustainable and efficient manner.
Founded in 2017 by entrepreneurs Adrien Roose, Karim Slaoui and Tanguy Goretti, Cowboy is headquartered in Brussels, Belgium. Cowboy is the winner of the Eurobike 2017, the Red-Dot bicycle design award 2018 and the Red-Dot “Best of the Best” award for the Cowboy 2.
With traffic congestion plaguing metropolitan areas, electric bikes are proving to be the fastest means of transportation, beating cars and ground public transport. Cowboy’s vision is to elevate the daily commute to the next level in terms of speed, comfort and freedom of movement around the city. Cowboy enhances the riding experience by unifying intelligent technology, delightful design and meticulous customer service.
Cowboy raised ten million EUR from international investors (including Index Ventures, Tiger Global and Hardware Club) in the Series A round in autumn 2018 and quickly sold out its entire stock of bikes in Belgium the following year. In April 2019, Cowboy launched its second model, the Cowboy 2, and introduced it to 8 additional countries (Germany, France, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Austria, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom). In June 2020, Cowboy unveiled its third generation electric bike, the Cowboy 3.
About the role
You will closely work with our Front-End and Back-End developers. You will be reporting directly to the CTO and a good chunk of your work will be to support our internal tools. It will be quite interesting as we are facing many complex challenges in logistics, remote repairs, distribution (test rides available in 60+ cities), manufacturing, data warehousing, testing, etc.
You will be talking to many people in the company to make sure we can reach our targets and take the company to the next level.
It's definitely not your classic marketplace / SaaS development.
- Work independently or with other engineers to develop user experience-focused web applications, or provide support for existing systems.
- Collaborate with designers, frontend developers, firmware engineer, hardware engineer to understand business goals, analyze requirements, formulate solutions, and ensure the successful execution and delivery of the end product.
- Assist in scoping, estimating, and planning of projects.
- Participate in code review, pairing, and other forms of knowledge sharing.
- Some travel required.
- 2-5 years of experience in Ruby on Rails/Node.js development or equivalent
- Must have a solid grasp on database
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Understand and exercise best practices for web development and software design
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing startup with open, respectful and fun company culture.
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
- Highly competitive salary package
Your application has been successfully submitted.