Big Data Consultant
Meet your new team
The Professional Services team brings our cool products to the client.
- Our cool products = software that increases performance in sales and distribution activities
- Our clients = African telecoms
Every day, we mix IT, business and project management; we install and configure our products and we train our clients’ teams. Once that’s done, we work hand-in-hand with them to adopt the product and generate optimal value with it.
To implement a new project which takes about 6 months to completion, a typical team consists of a project manager and a big data consultant - that will be you!
As a Big Data Consultant, you will play an instrumental role in the deployment and improvement of our Sales and Distribution solution. It’s a client-facing technical role, combining the best of both worlds.
More concretely, you will:
- spend time with our client and gain a thorough understanding of their business set-up, needs and technology
- dive into the customer’s data and build the integration layer with our software accordingly
- guide internal and external stakeholders on all technical aspects related to an implementation: infrastructure - complex data flows - deployment of the product
- bridge the customer’s technical environment and feedback to the product and support team back home
- travel to various exotic locations in Africa and spend time with our clients
- help your colleagues :)
You will quickly get responsibilities within the team and build a strong relationship with our clients, while developing your tech skills. You’ll get the chance to experience the thrill of the scale-up culture, but also get exposure to a more structured and complex environment when working at the client.
- You have a technical background and strong interest in all things business
- You are pragmatic and have excellent analytical capabilities
- You know the basics of Python and object-oriented programming, and are keen to further develop these skills
- You have strong people skills and enjoy interacting with external stakeholders, at all levels of the organization
- You already had a first work experience in a technology, IT or consulting company
- You own a Master's degree in Business Engineering, Computer Sciences/ Engineering degree
- You are fluent in English and have a good level of French
Work with us
- You will have lots of visibility and exposure to external stakeholders and will be able to gain a solid business understanding in emerging markets
- You will quickly see the impact of your work in real-life, not just in reports
- You will enjoy working in a highly entrepreneurial environment, without rigid processes & long approval flows
- We care about the outcome, not effort so you will be fully responsible for managing your time and workload
- You’ll have a unique opportunity to travel and discover the world- we all have a strong sense for adventure and discovery
Your application has been successfully submitted.