Software Engineer, Perception (Machine Learning/Computer Vision)
Mountain View, CA, USA
Who We Are
Nuro is a robotics start-up whose mission is to accelerate the benefits of robotics for everyday life. We have an elite team of entrepreneurs and engineers, designers, and scientists. We believe AI and robotics are at the cusp of transforming daily life and we are dedicated to building meaningful products with this technology. Join us and play a critical role in our mission.
About the Role
Our team is growing and we are looking for machine learning R&D experts to join us. We apply machine learning to solve challenging perception problems, e.g. object detection, semantic segmentation, instance segmentation, dense depth, optical flow, tracking. In this role, you will work on developing novel machine learning models, robust and scalable data pipelines, and deploy the models on our self driving vehicles.
About the Work
- You will develop novel machine learning methods and algorithms that solve complex problems, including but not limited to, object detection, semantic segmentation, instance segmentation, depth estimation, optical flow, etc.
- Develop scalable and robust data pipelines that are able to process petabytes of data for model training, and deploy models in production
- Work fast and smart, and collaborate well with other awesome team members to deliver high-quality perception solutions that power the next generation of mobile robots
- Recent experience in state-of-the-art deep learning models for computer vision tasks on camera, lidar, radar
- Strong ML fundamentals and has demonstrated experience building and expanding model architectures
- Strong SWE fundamentals and has demonstrated SWE experience in both high and low-level languages (python and C++)
- Strong research capabilities, track record of publishing papers at top conferences on relevant topics
- Bonus: Experience in deploying models in real time environments. Optimizing architectures to explore the accuracy vs. compute tradeoff
- Bonus: Experience working with productizing ML models and the infrastructure supporting model development (data, large scale training, eval, etc)
At Nuro, we celebrate differences and are committed to a diverse workplace that fosters inclusion and psychological safety for all employees. Nuro is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and expressly prohibits any form of workplace discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Your application has been successfully submitted.