Software Engineer, Prediction
Mountain View, CA, USA
Who We Are
Nuro is a robotics start-up whose mission is to accelerate the benefits of robotics for everyday life. We have an elite team of entrepreneurs and engineers, designers, and scientists. We believe AI and robotics are at the cusp of transforming daily life and we are dedicated to building meaningful products with this technology. Join us and play a critical role in our mission.
About the Role
Our R&D robotics team is growing and we are looking for a software engineer to work on prediction. You will be working on challenging problems alongside a world-class team with a common real passion for advancing robotics to improve the human experience.
About the Work
- Research and develop novel algorithms that solve hard problems in areas including behavior and motion prediction
- Use large amounts of real-world data to train and tune behavior models for a variety of agents
- Collaborate closely with engineers across planning and control, perception, and tracking, machine learning, computer vision, mapping and localization, infrastructure, etc.
- Experience with prediction and/or planning algorithms, simulation, modeling, machine learning
- You have strong C++ programming skills
- Strong math (geometry, analysis, probability), physics (kinematics, dynamics), and analytical skills
- Experience designing, implementing and extending novel algorithms
- Experience working with real-time systems, large-scale scalable software architectures, and large datasets
- Deep understanding of modern robotics and state estimation techniques preferred
- Experience with production ML pipelines: dataset creation, labeling, training, validation
- PhD and/or Masters Degree in computer science, electrical engineering, robotics or related field
At Nuro, we celebrate differences and are committed to a diverse workplace that fosters inclusion and psychological safety for all employees. Nuro is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and expressly prohibits any form of workplace discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Your application has been successfully submitted.