Behavior Simulation Engineer
Mountain View, CA, USA
Who We Are
Nuro is a robotics start-up whose mission is to accelerate the benefits of robotics for everyday life. We have an elite team of entrepreneurs and engineers, designers, and scientists. We believe AI and robotics are at the cusp of transforming daily life and we are dedicated to building meaningful products with this technology. Join us and play a critical role in our mission.
About the Role
Our robotics team is growing and we are looking for a robotics software engineer to work on planning and controls. In this impactful role you will collaborate with a best-in-class team of engineers to tackle hard problems and help advance the future of robotics to improve everyday lives.
About the Work
- Design and validate realistic interactions between an autonomous vehicle and multiple actors (i.e. vehicles, pedestrians, cyclists) in a virtual environment grounded in on-road observations
- Work closely with Systems and Safety engineers to drive these simulation models from prototype to production. These models will be used in the millions of miles of virtual tests, ultimately informing key policy decisions.
- Develop novel algorithms to solve some of the hardest problems in planning under uncertainty through explicit modeling of interactions.
- Write robust, production-ready software to make our vehicle safe and predictable in complex driving scenarios.
- Experience designing, implementing and extending novel algorithms
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Familiarity with fundamentals of computational geometry
- Experience working in Computer Graphics, Simulation, and/or AI agents
At Nuro, we celebrate differences and are committed to a diverse workplace that fosters inclusion and psychological safety for all employees. Nuro is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and expressly prohibits any form of workplace discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Your application has been successfully submitted.