Engineering Manager, Machine Learning
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial tools and information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, CO, and London, UK.
About the role
Insights from data power most decisions at Robinhood. As a manager of the Machine Learning Engineering team you will help ML engineers identify the most important models to ship which add predictability across Robinhood’s businesses, products and operations. In addition to this, you will help scale the growth of the ML team by hiring top ML talent from across the industry.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Collaborate with several different teams within the company including data infrastructure, product, growth, fraud and risk engineering.
- Identify the most pressing issues the company faces which have solutions in Machine Learning and then work your direct reports to ship these solutions.
- Manage a team of engineers which includes planning and prioritizing projects, conducting 1-1s with your direct reports and providing directions to unblock tasks.
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Expert knowledge in machine learning, ideally prediction/binary classification, logistic regression, decision trees, deep learning techniques
- Can hold your own technically with engineers on the team and give constructive feedback on projects and ideas
- Can partner with other leads from engineering, product and design to craft a roadmap and measures of success
- Ability to identify, hire and retain top Machine Learning talent from the industry and leading graduate programs
- Graduate degree in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, engineering or natural sciences and some experience in software engineering in a production environment
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- 3+ years of experience in managing a world class ML Engineering team
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.