Lead Software Engineer, Search
Mountain View, CA, USA
DoorDash is building the most powerful search engine in local commerce! We’re looking for talented engineers to join our fast-growing engineering team to uplevel our search platform to help our millions of consumers discover the products they love. As we expand beyond our marketplace beyond restaurants and into grocery, household essentials, search becomes a critical bet for the success of our business.
As a search engineer, you will be responsible to build the search engine that powers DoorDash’s global search experience. You will develop cutting edge technologies to redefine our systems to retrieve information at a massive scale, and build world-class indexing and serving platform to power our fast-growing product and services catalog.
What You'll Do
- Build scalable systems - Architect and develop online and offline systems to our hypergrowth
- Develop advanced algorithms - leverage state of the art machine learning technology to tailor a personalized search experience
- Deliver immense impact - partner with cross-functional stakeholders to define the roadmap and vision for the team
What We're Looking For
- 10+ years of industry software engineering experience
- 5+ years of industry experience in information retrieval, natural language processing, data mining
- Deep domain expertise with search engines such as Elasticsearch, Solr, or Lucene.
- Strong proficiency with backend development, service-oriented architecture technology, SQL and NoSQL datastores
- Experience working with large-scale, complex datasets to create and optimize machine learning models.
- Bias to action - you shipping code often and learn voraciously
- Craftsmanship - you take pride in your work, balancing urgency with craftsmanship to create elegant solutions that stand the test of time
- Leadership - you show optimism in tackling bold goals, inspire others to bring their best selves to work, and collaborate with large teams to create a big impact
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 850 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Your application has been successfully submitted.