This job is no longer accepting applications.
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $2 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a Technical Writer to join the tech team. We are a fast paced team that values communication and documentation. We are looking for someone who can codify these practices and bring our documentation to the next level.
As a Technical Writer you will help produce concise and accurate documentation of our features, guidelines and capabilities. You will also guide others how to coordinate and create their writing. You will be part of our Core Tech team, working alongside engineers who focus on reliability, infrastructure, testing and developer efficiency. Core Tech products are used by the entire engineering organization at Better everyday to be productive and in turn build outstanding experiences for homeowners. Projects that you could own as part of this role:
- Help us build outstanding onboarding documentation so that we make a good first impression with new members of our engineering team.
- Works across the company with engineers, managers and directors to source and produce content for our engineering blog.
- Help us coordinate our existing documentation by refining our document management taxonomy.
- Build templates for documentation so that engineers can write them with less effort. This could include runbooks, debugging guides, maintenance emails and architectural decisions.
- Define the processes and tools for producing documentation.
- Proven experience producing technical documentation within engineering teams.
- Ability to read code and perform technical steps in order to produce developer documentation.
- Experience gathering information through various sources to build comprehensive documentation.
- Can synthesize sophisticated topics into documents that can speak to technical and non-technical people, depending upon the encouraged audience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to teach engineers how to produce clear and concise documentation.
- Someone who has worked with Confluence before or is willing to learn that product.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Your application has been successfully submitted.