Engineering Manager - Data Platform (f/m/d)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
What's next in music happens on SoundCloud first. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners, and curators who share, discover and influence what’s new, now and next in music and audio.
We’re looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join our Data Platform Team and help make SoundCloud’s vast collection of information an integral part of the experience. Our Data Platform Team is responsible for building and running the systems that allow us to store, manage and expose our data in order to produce great insights and engaging experiences on SoundCloud.
In this role you will be responsible for the delivery of our data platform to our data scientists and engineers, as well as for hiring, retaining and developing data engineers with the goal to provide a great employee experience while meeting business needs. On a daily basis you will be managing the process of solving complex technical problems, together with product managers, data engineers and tech leads, in order to ensure the delivery of our platform to our internal customers. We run our data infrastructure in Google Cloud Platform, managing both real time and batch data pipelines. Our technology stack includes a wide variety of technologies including Hadoop, Spark, Kafka and MySQL.
You are experienced in managing engineering teams, ideally around data infrastructure and tooling. You are not afraid to get your hands dirty when it comes to software development and you have a high degree of empathy towards your customers and employees’ needs . Finally, you have a proven record of success collaborating with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, explaining your team’s vision and strategy and creating clarity around it.
- We’re international! We operate in the US, Berlin and London and all of our communication is in English.
- We have a flexible, friendly and inclusive office environment in Mitte
- Our environment is a learning one, with specific focus on development, including a professional development allowance and a possibility to use 20% of your time for a personal project.
- You can contribute to our Engineering Blog.
- Not located in Berlin? No worries, we offer extensive relocation support including allowances, one way flights, temporary accommodation and, by partnering with Expath, on the ground support on arrival.
- Interested in a gym membership, photography course or book? We have a Creativity and wellness benefit!
- We offer free German courses at beginning, intermediate and advanced levels.
Diversity at SoundCloud:
“SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute”
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The world’s leading audio platform.