Software Engineer - Payments
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the opportunity
You will join the Payments Segment in the Platform Domain, located in sunny Barcelona. Here on Payments, we are responsible for enabling N26 payment flows with best-in-class services and solutions. Timing wise you are joining at an exciting moment, during which we are defining our strategy to grow Payments infrastructure by developing a scalable architecture.
We are seeking a talented Software Engineer to evolve our product, powered by a microservice architecture predominantly written in Java 8 and Kotlin, using Spring Boot.
Our cross-functional teams are passionate about collaboration and sharing knowledge, as well as working with a high degree of autonomy.
As a Software Engineer at N26, you will be encouraged to embrace the latest technological updates and given a platform to work on complex, interesting problems on a daily basis.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate closely with your Tech Lead on architecting new features and seeing them through to completion
- Stay up to date with the latest trends in technology and be willing to actively propose findings during participation in our GSDD.
- Work within your cross-functional team to uphold the highest technical standards right across the product
What you need to be successful:
- Experience in developing software using Java or Kotlin and Spring Boot in large-scale production systems
- Sound understanding of microservice architecture
- Deep knowledge of both relational and non-relational databases
- Appreciation of working in a modern cloud architecture, preferably with AWS
- Language Skills: good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong call to action and for getting things done
- Ongoing appreciation and consideration for security
- Motivation to write code which is well-tested and well-documented
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Health & Life insurance, Personal development budget, Spanish language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 24 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 28 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks in the office, Friday Celebrations once per month with pizza, wine, and beer, plus a monthly company-wide lunch and learn
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.