Senior Algorithm Engineer - Logistics , Routing Optimisation (f/m/d)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer (f/m/d) with strong algorithm background to join our Logistics team to help us create a fast, reliable and transparent delivery experience. You will be developing services and algorithms that connect riders and vendors to millions of customers everyday. If you are a creative problem solver who is hungry for a new adventure, an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
- Participate in one of the most exciting components of the food delivery business: dispatching algorithm, simulation and route estimations are some of the topics you'll work on a daily basis!
- Small improvement matters at scale! Implement and improve cutting edge algorithms for optimising our dispatching process.
- Be a key part of the entire development lifecycle from specification to deployment and running the apps in production.
- Innovate technology, process and product within the whole organization.
- Work closely with research scientists and ensure effective implementation of designed algorithms.
- Ensure scalable and quality code is built.
Your heroic skills:
- Solid background on implementing complex algorithms.
- 5+ years of experience in developing software with JVM languages (Scala, Java, Kotlin).
- Good understanding of computational complexity.
- Exposure to the logistics domain and in particular to TSP, VRP algorithms is highly beneficial.
- You are comfortable with microservices architectures, API-based and event-based communication.
- You are a pragmatic programmer who understands what is needed to get things done.
- You get up to speed with new systems and concepts quickly.
- You believe in cross-functional teams and know that responsibility does not end with deployment.
- Having experience with DevOps: Kubernetes, AWS, Terraform, Docker… is an advantage
Why Delivery Hero?
- Develop your skills with your educational budget for conferences and external trainings.
- Exchange ideas and meet fellow developers at regular meetups, in our active guilds and during our Developer Exchange Program.
- Work with real world problems in the large scale systems which are distributed all over the world.
- Join company parties, hackathons, cultural and sports events.
- English is our working language, and our colleagues at Delivery Hero come from every corner of the globe, working in diverse, cross-cultural teams.
- Save responsibly with our corporate pension scheme.
- Daily fruits, cereals, beverages, tea and coffee in our lounges.
- Learn German with free classes, access our e-learning platform and participate in our inhouse trainings.
- Enjoy massages, get your haircut in the office, join our free yoga classes or take a timeout in our nap room.
Delivery Hero Tech is playing an exceptional role in the large growth of our company. Our Tech teams leverage a diverse stack to create cutting-edge solutions which cover the full customer experience - starting with a great online search experience and ending with a real-time delivery at your doorstep.
Read about the latest updates from our Tech & Product teams on our blog.
Delivery Hero is building the next generation global on-demand delivery platform. We have grown rapidly from inception in 2011 to become the world's largest food-ordering network and we’re now innovating and creating new verticals such as groceries, pharmacies, flowers and other convenience articles in multiple markets.
Our awesome international team already operates in 40+ countries worldwide and we are exclusively looking for the best people to join us on our mission to ‘always deliver an amazing experience.’ If you’re an enthusiastic problem solver and hungry for a new adventure, an exciting job and multicultural workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
At Delivery Hero, we believe diversity and representation is key to creating not only an exciting product, but also an amazing customer and employee experience. Fostering this starts with hiring -- therefore we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you.
Have we caught your attention? If you are looking for an environment where our company DNA is defined by our values, please send us your CV.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Always delivering an amazing experience