Manager, Software Engineering - Consumer (f/m/d)
Want to be a hero? - Join the #1 Global Leader in online food ordering and delivery!
We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager- Consumer (f/m/d) to join our team and reinvent on-demand delivery with us. If you're a creative problem solver who is eager to deliver solutions and hungry for a new adventure, an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
- Craft and maintain microservices architectures, API-based and event-based communication.
- Participate in code reviews and application debugging and diagnosis.
- Practice modern software development methodologies such as Continuous Delivery, TDD and Scrum.
- Be an active partner for Product management in order to provide the best value for stakeholders and our customers.
Your heroic skills:
- Practical experience as Backend Developer in Golang / PHP.
- Ability to structure, coach and mentor teams
- Take part in architectural decision making
- Experience working with distributed and parallel systems and web applications.
- Passion for clean and beautiful code with an eye for simplicity and pragmatism.
- Practical experience with Design Patterns, Design Principles, Software Architecture and Algorithms and automated tests (unit, integration and functional).
- Ability to get up to speed with new systems and concepts quickly.
- Keen to constantly learn and improve your own skills, and not afraid to jump into new things.
- Understanding development lifecycle and collaborate with cross-functional and international agile teams.
- Curiosity, creative outside-the-box problem solving abilities and an eye for detail.
Our stack consists of:
Microservice architecture, Redis, Elasticsearch, SQL and key-value storage, AMQP. Kubernetes/Docker. PHP/Golang
Why Delivery Hero?
- Develop your skills with your educational budget for conferences and external trainings.
- Exchange ideas and meet fellow developers at regular meetups, in our active guilds and during our Global Developer Exchange Program.
- Join company parties, hackathons, cultural and sports events.
- Work in diverse teams with colleagues from across the globe in English.
- Save responsibly with our corporate pension scheme.
- Daily fruits, cereals, beverages, tea and coffee in our lounges.
- Learn German with free classes, access our e-learning platform and participate in our inhouse trainings.
- Enjoy massages, get your haircut in the office, join our free yoga classes or take a timeout in our nap room.
Delivery Hero Tech is playing an exceptional role in the large growth of our company. Our Tech teams leverage a diverse stack to create cutting-edge solutions which cover the full customer experience - starting with a great online search experience and ending with a real-time delivery at your doorstep.
Read about the latest updates from our Tech & Product teams on our blog.
Delivery Hero is building the next generation global on-demand delivery platform. We have grown rapidly from inception in 2011 to become the world's largest food-ordering network and we’re now innovating and creating new verticals such as groceries, pharmacies, flowers and other convenience articles in multiple markets.
Our awesome international team already operates in 40+ countries worldwide and we are looking for the most talented people to join us on our mission to ‘always deliver an amazing experience.’ If you’re an enthusiastic problem solver and hungry for a new adventure, an exciting job and multicultural workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
At Delivery Hero, we believe diversity and representation is key to creating not only an exciting product, but also an amazing customer and employee experience. Fostering this starts with hiring -- therefore we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you.
Find out more information on how to prepare for you technical interview here.
We’re looking forward to your application!
Your application has been successfully submitted.