Senior Backend Engineer (Golang) - Consumer (f/m/d)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Want to be a hero? - Join the #1 Global Leader in online food ordering and delivery!
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer (f/m/d) with experience in Golang to join our Consumer team to create an easy and personalised ordering experience for our customers. If you’re a creative problem solver who is hungry for a new adventure, an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Coaching and mentoring team members.
- Take part in architectural decision making.
- Understanding development lifecycle and collaborate with cross-functional and international agile teams.
Your heroic skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an equivalent education or practical experience.
- Extensive experience in general purpose programming language.
- Experience working with distributed and parallel systems and web applications.
- Practical experience with Design Patterns, Design Principles, Software Architecture and Algorithms and automated tests (unit, integration and functional).
- Very good communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
Extensive experience with:
- Design Driven Development.
- Hexagonal Architecture.
- S.O.L.I.D principles.
- Event-driven architecture.
- Good knowledge of relational databases (You should be aware of normal forms, ACID, isolation levels, index anatomy).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced software release environment.
- Flexible and open-minded personality.
- Comfortable working in a multi-cultural environment.
Our stack consists of:
- Microservice architecture.
- Redis, Elasticsearch, SQL and key-value storage, AMQP.
- Cloud-based infrastructure following 12 factors using Kubernetes/Docker.
- Go and PHP as main languages.
Why Delivery Hero?
- Develop your skills with your educational budget for conferences and external trainings.
- Exchange ideas and meet fellow developers at regular meetups, in our active guilds and during our Global Developer Exchange Program.
- Join company parties, hackathons, cultural and sports events.
- Work in diverse teams with colleagues from across the globe in English.
- Save responsibly with our corporate pension scheme.
- Daily fruits, cereals, beverages, tea and coffee in our lounges.
- Learn German with free classes, access our e-learning platform and participate in our inhouse trainings.
- Enjoy massages, get your haircut in the office, join our free yoga classes or take a timeout in our nap room.
Delivery Hero Tech is playing an exceptional role in the large growth of our company. Our Tech teams leverage a diverse stack to create cutting-edge solutions which cover the full customer experience - starting with a great online search experience and ending with a real-time delivery at your doorstep.
Read about the latest updates from our Tech & Product teams on our blog.
Delivery Hero is building the next generation global on-demand delivery platform. We have grown rapidly from inception in 2011 to become the world's largest food-ordering network and we’re now innovating and creating new verticals such as groceries, pharmacies, flowers and other convenience articles in multiple markets.
Our awesome international team already operates in 40+ countries worldwide and we are looking for the most talented people to join us on our mission to ‘always deliver an amazing experience.’ If you’re an enthusiastic problem solver and hungry for a new adventure, an exciting job and multicultural workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
At Delivery Hero, we believe diversity and representation is key to creating not only an exciting product, but also an amazing customer and employee experience. Fostering this starts with hiring -- therefore we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you.
Find out more information on how to prepare for you technical interview here.
We’re looking forward to your application!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Always delivering an amazing experience