(Senior) Research Scientist - Logistics, Routing Optimisation (f/m/d)
Want to be a hero? - Join the #1 Global Leader in online food ordering and delivery!
We are looking for a Research Scientist – Logistics & Routing Optimisation (f/m/d) to join our Logistics team to help us create a fast, reliable and transparent delivery experience. You will be developing services and algorithms that connect riders and vendors to millions of customers everyday. If you are a creative problem solver who is hungry for a new adventure, an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
- Participate in one of the most exciting components of the food delivery business: dispatching algorithm, simulation and route estimations which are some of the topics you'll work on a daily basis!
- Small improvement matters at scale! You will explore, experiment and improve cutting edge algorithms for optimising our dispatching process.
- Innovate technology, process and product within the whole organization.
- Work closely with data analysts to analyze and embed business KPIs into optimal solution.
- Support software engineers in the implementation of the most efficient and optimal solution of our dispatching algorithm.
- Simulate and analyze the impact of algorithm in business metrics.
Your heroic skills:
- Phd or postdoc in applied mathematics, computer science or related fields.
- Solid background in discrete optimisation, graph theory or computational geometry.
- Experience in development with JVM languages (Scala, Java, Kotlin) is an advantage.
- Good understanding of computational complexity.
- Exposure to the logistics domain and in particular to TSP, VRP algorithms is highly beneficial.
- You have pragmatic mindset and understand what is needed to get things done.
- You think out of the box, get up to speed with new systems and concepts quickly.
- You believe in cross-functional teams and know that responsibility does not end with deployment.
- Understanding distributed and parallel computing is a huge advantage.
Why Delivery Hero?
- Develop your skills with your educational budget for conferences and external trainings.
- Exchange ideas and meet fellow developers at regular meetups, in our active guilds and during our Global Developer Exchange Program.
- Join company parties, hackathons, cultural and sports events.
- Work in diverse teams with colleagues from across the globe in English.
- Save responsibly with our corporate pension scheme.
- Daily fruits, cereals, beverages, tea and coffee in our lounges.
- Learn German with free classes, access our e-learning platform and participate in our inhouse trainings.
- Enjoy massages, get your haircut in the office, join our free yoga classes or take a timeout in our nap room.
Delivery Hero Tech is playing an exceptional role in the large growth of our company. Our Tech teams leverage a diverse stack to create cutting-edge solutions which cover the full customer experience - starting with a great online search experience and ending with a real-time delivery at your doorstep.
Read about the latest updates from our Tech & Product teams on our blog.
Delivery Hero is building the next generation global on-demand delivery platform. We have grown rapidly from inception in 2011 to become the world's largest food-ordering network and we’re now innovating and creating new verticals such as groceries, pharmacies, flowers and other convenience articles in multiple markets.
Our awesome international team already operates in 40+ countries worldwide and we are looking for the most talented people to join us on our mission to ‘always deliver an amazing experience.’ If you’re an enthusiastic problem solver and hungry for a new adventure, an exciting job and multicultural workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
At Delivery Hero, we believe diversity and representation is key to creating not only an exciting product, but also an amazing customer and employee experience. Fostering this starts with hiring -- therefore we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you.
Find out more information on how to prepare for you technical interview here.
We’re looking forward to your application!
Your application has been successfully submitted.