Backend Engineer - New Audio Experiences
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We would like software engineers with backend expertise to join our team building future products for Spotify. We are a London centered engineering organisation that is building new audio experiences that will define Spotify’s future products.
We are a group that is rapidly exploring new insights, choosing which to scale, and which make it no further than prototypes. You will work in multi-functional teams built for mobile, with backend engineers working alongside iOS and Android engineers to build the systems that define the product. We are looking for your backend expertise, and an interest in learning new areas will be an asset.
Our mission is to expand the future of Spotify by testing and scaling audio experiences that are richer and more personal, to make customers feel more connected to the world around them.
What you'll do
- Develop groundbreaking mobile products at scale
- Collaborate closely with engineers, designers, researchers, product owners and data scientists to find end-to-end solutions to problems your squad owns.
- Write clear, maintainable code that implements these solutions in new and existing backend services.
- Develop and deploy backend services with a focus on high availability, low latency and scalability.
- Collaborate with others across the company to develop our backend standard methodologies and backend development at Spotify.
- Work from a location that could be our London office, or remotely within the adjacent time zones. You’ll travel occasionally, across the globe.
Who you are
- You have a proven understanding of modern Java backend service development.
- You know how to write readable, testable, maintainable and performant Java.
- You will know how to apply modern testing and quality practices so that we can deploy your code safely at scale.
- You are interested in keeping up with current standard methodologies in your areas of expertise
- You are excellent at delivering end-to-end experiences and care about your software architecture across the backend, front-end, and the APIs that glue them together with our cloud infrastructure.
- Open source experience is a huge plus!
- You are eager to learn new technologies (we will support you with training & mentoring)
Your application has been successfully submitted.