Android Engineer - Podcaster Mission
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Spotify is a global community of over 250 million music fans and artists, and now podcasters. It’s always been our mission to make audio more accessible, and create a new and wonderful way for creators and fans to connect with each other.
The Podcaster Mission is the team within Spotify responsible for building the best tools for podcast creators. We have two platforms that help us do that: Anchor (the platform that allows you to create, distribute, monetize, and grow a podcast, all for free) and Spotify for Podcasters (the platform that makes it easy to understand and engage with your listeners on Spotify).
We’ve done a lot already, and we have no plans of slowing down. Come help us build the future of podcasting!
What you'll do:
- Help build the Anchor Android App
- Prototype and develop new application features of all kinds, from creation tools to listening and sharing functionality
- Write bug-free code that runs quickly and is performant in all conditions
- Ensure the performance and quality of the Anchor Android app
- Implement features based on both wireframes and completed designs
- Accurately estimate difficulty and time of work for projects
- See large, often complex projects through from conception to launch
- Keep code maintainable through extensive documentation and automated tests
Who you are:
- Someone who has a sense of humor
- You have at least 3+ years of experience building Android apps
- One or more Android apps you have worked on is in the Google Play Store
- Familiar with application profiling tools and are able to explain bottlenecks and issues found
- You have a strong foundation in object-oriented programming, data structures, and design patterns
- Experienced architecting and developing clean, reusable code
- You are familiar with Kotlin, Retrofit 2, Realm, RxJava, and Git
- You care about the user experience of the products you work on, not only the functionality
- You have the ability to try things and iterate very quickly
- An excellent written and verbal communicator
- You possess a persistent/driven work ethic and a willingness to try anything and everything
- You are interested in podcasts, radio, or audio in general
- You work well with multi-functional teams
Your application has been successfully submitted.