IT Systems Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Scale is looking to grow the IT org! We are looking for someone who is excited by the opportunity to be part of a fast paced environment that pushes you learn while doing. This role needs to be great with people and strongly focused on automation. Ideally you have been the sole IT person at a startup before and are excited by being an early member of the team here at Scale. You will be someone who focuses on patterns and doesn’t like doing the same thing twice. Your goals in this position is making people happy while creating simple and repeatable solutions for all!
- Provide 2nd/3rd level support to the existing IT team
- Automate onboarding, offboarding and access workflows for all Scaliens
- Promote best practices as established by Corporate IT and redirect inquiries as necessary to secondary team
- Administrate and integrate cloud services e.g. Gsuite, Slack, Okta, AWS, Spoke, and many more
- Create and update technology documentation for internal IT teams and for Scale employees
- A constant drive to improve the experience of our users and our internal processes: "How can I make things better?"
- Live in the St Louis metro areas and be willing to travel
- Have security clearance or the ability to hold security clearance
- Manage our internal infrastructure including: Microsoft Windows, Active Directory and Microsoft Intune
- Tightly integrate our existing cloud infrastructure with a focus on securing identity and improving access control
Ideally you'd have:
- 5+ years of IT experience
- Experience with integrating with SaaS APIs
- Deep understanding of computer fundamentals: networking, hardware & operating systems
- Understanding of L2 and L3 OSI Network Layers
- Scripting experience with Bash, Powershell and/or Python
- Experience with configuration management (Ansible preferred)
- A positive attitude and excitement for building new processes and policies for a rapidly growing organization
- Experience working with remote teams and multiple offices, while using tools lack Slack or Zoom to support them
- Experience with backups, high availability and overall infrastructure resiliency for cloud technologies
- Security and Compliance focused mindset
- Past Experience in an ISSM (Information System Security Manager) role
At Scale, our mission is to accelerate the development of Machine Learning and AI applications across multiple markets. Our first product is a suite of APIs that allow AI teams to generate high-quality ground truth data. Our customers include OpenAI, General Motors, NVIDIA, Pinterest, Airbnb, and many more.
Scale AI is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at Scale to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Scale AI is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Your application has been successfully submitted.