Senior Data Scientist, Analytics
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
What you’ll be doing:
- Define, report, and monitor key performance indicators of product areas, and lead deep dives into variations of KPIs from normal behavior
- Write custom SQL queries in Google BigQuery to identify driving scenes/metrics of interest
- Build analytics error-mining pipelines to uncover “failure” examples to improve our ML models
- Use Python to perform custom feature extraction and transformation across terabytes of data using distributed compute
- Build data visualizations using Looker and Jupyter notebooks as a method of conveying data insights
- Help engineering teams set up tests and perform statistical analysis on results to provide actionable insights
- Build ML models to drive AV development and/or predict undesired events
- Collaborate with team members to optimize engineering workflows and build shareable data tools
- Train engineers and cross functional stakeholders on how to most effectively use the data tools at Cruise
- Convert analytical insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for business or product improvement, and succinctly communicate these findings to various stakeholders and leadership.
What you must have:
- 3+ years post-academic experience in analytics, consumer-facing product experience preferred
- Experienced statistician with a track record of setting up and optimizing metrics tracking systems and A/B testing methodologies
- Experience with building and maintaining data pipelines, ensuring data integrity
- Experience with building ML models and the ML workflow
- Experience developing, maintaining, and automating metrics reporting to management
- Proficient at both SQL and Python/R (Python preferred)
- Creative, scrappy, and enthusiastic about seeking new solutions to problems and opportunities
- A track record of leading cross-functional initiatives
- Experience with MapReduce frameworks (Hadoop, Spark, BigQuery) and/or Apache Beam/Google Dataflow
- Experience with DAG orchestrators (eg. Airflow/Kubeflow/Luigi)
- Experience with analyzing time series data
- Consumer-facing product experience
- Experience in AV or Automotive industry
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.