Engineering Manager, AV Acceleration
San Francisco, CA, USA
We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
The AV Acceleration group develops high-impact tools designed to accelerate the rate of AV software development. Their customers range from AV developers who need to understand the effects of their code on vehicle behavior to executives who track top-line performance metrics. AV Acceleration aims to deliver intuitive user experiences for robotics and AI engineers that accelerate Cruise towards a driverless future.
What you’ll be doing:
- Grow and develop a team of engineers to build best-in-class robotics and ML tools for accelerating autonomous vehicle development
- Design and implement systems capable of simulating millions of miles of driving every day to predict on-road performance
- Work with other engineering leaders and product managers to create and execute on a product roadmap and technical strategy for your team
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture, and a high output team
- Drive software engineering best practices both within your team, and create tooling which encourages these across the company
What you must have:
- 2+ years experience building and managing engineering teams
- 5+ years experience in relevant software engineering roles
- A demonstrated track record of building high quality consumer-facing products
- Broad exposure to the end-to-end product engineering stack, from frontend to infrastructure
- Experience with SOA or microservice-based architectures and common cloud platforms like AWS/GCP
- Familiarity with React or other web frontend frameworks
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- BS, MS or PhD in CS, Math, Physics, or equivalent real-world experience
- Self-motivation and passion to lead your teams, encourage best practices, and constantly improve
- Experience writing modern production C++ applications
- A background in robotics, ROS, or the AV industry
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.