Sr. Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Slack is looking for Senior Software Engineers to build features, design and implement API methods, and improve the performance and reliability of our systems as we rapidly scale our product and organization.
On the Customer Experience Products team we build products and tools that ensure our customers have an effortless experience and get the most of our Slack. We’re a collaborative team who genuinely enjoys working together with cross-functional teams such as product managers, designers and content specialists.
A taste of our scale and reach:
- Users spend over 10 hours connected and 2+ hours active in Slack every work day.
- 10M+ Daily Active Users in more than 150 countries.
- 1.5 billion messages are sent per month, half of those outside the United States.
- Every day we see over 3.5 million simultaneously connected users, over 3.5 billion web requests, over 42 billion database queries per day, and our systems see over 1 million queries/second in our caching tier.
- We have 8.8M+ app installations with 155,000 weekly active developers building on the developer platform.
- 90% of our paid teams on Slack actively use apps.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture — we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Brainstorm solutions to customer problems and guide decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase.
- Promote technical quality via helpful, timely code reviews and technical feedback to peers.
- Contribute to stand-ups, sprint planning, and retrospectives at the team level and up.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
What You Should Have:
- Several years of experience in a software engineering role or equivalent.
- Empathy for customers and their experience using the product.
- Ability to give timely, concise, effective feedback to teammates and peers.
- Computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- An ability to leverage your technical expertise to solve problems for customers.
- Self-awareness and a desire to continually improve.
- You are available to work assigned shift rotations as needed in accordance with local laws and regulations.
Your application has been successfully submitted.