Aerodynamics Software Developer
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 600 people who are as passionate about emissions-free transportation as you are.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
We are looking for an outstanding Aerodynamics Software Developer to work with us on our innovative in-house Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) code. This code utilizes state-of-the-art High Performance Computing (HPC) hardware and software libraries to target special purpose simulations which are not feasible with commercial solutions and to achieve an unprecedented performance for short turnaround times.
You will be fully integrated into our team of developers within the rapidly growing Calculation Department. The focus of this role is to bring the knowledge of numerics, physics models, flow physics and coding together to develop the best fit-for-purpose CFD software. Besides implementing new functionalities, you will also be involved in other aspects of code development, such as profiling, performance optimization, debugging, verification and validation.
Your Day to Day:
- Add new features to our existing code and perform code reviews.
- Conduct research on novel and numerical methods and physics models for possible implementation.
- Optimize the performance of existing features.
- Perform verification and validation studies.
- Actively help to shape the growth processes within the team and the department.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in an Engineering Discipline with a focus on CFD method development.
- 5+ years of professional experience in an industrial or research environment.
- Excellent knowledge in numerics, CFD and demonstrated experience in developing novel numerical methods.
- Proven track record in successfully writing software in C++ or C/Fortran.
- Hands-on experience with the concepts of coding large parallel applications for HPC and familiarity with concepts of load balancing and distributed computing.
- Proficiency in using Linux.
- Good knowledge in Aerodynamics and Acoustics.
- Target-oriented, driven work style with analytic problem-solving skills.
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously.
- Fluent English language skills are essential.
Your application has been successfully submitted.