Contract Senior Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 600 people who are as passionate about emissions-free transportation as you are.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
We are looking for exceptional full-stack software engineers to join our Digital Technology team where you will be responsible for the development of Lilium’s Mobility Service Platform.
This platform is broad in its cope of responsibility, providing the necessary systems that will manage our air taxi service, the aircraft fleet and vertiports. With the customer at the very centre of our focus, we will provide journey booking, communication and identification services amongst other passenger services. Underpinning our service will be pilots, customer services and maintenance organisations - these colleagues form a key part of our user group and require, from the outset, the very best tools and systems to enable them to support the magical customer experience that will bring to market.
The complexity of the programme is high, containing dependencies within our team as well as into the aircraft engineering and production divisions, vertiport operations and external operational and regulatory stakeholders. You’ll be working alongside likeminded colleagues to make a significant contribution to the launch of a revolution.
Your Day to Day:
The role responsibilities will include
- Participating in the development of the platform that supports Lilium’s Mobility Service, in collaboration with colleagues from every area of Lilium
- Contributing to the definition of product features in collaboration with UX and Product colleagues
- Responsibility for supporting your software all the way through to production, ensuring that it achieves the desired technical, user and commercial objectives
The successful candidate will be
- Able to process and understand a variety of complex engineering problems and apply strong analytical skills and commercial acumen to implement software solutions
- Business value and outcome driven, with a positive, “can do” attitude and a willingness to roll their sleeves up to get things done
- Passionate about “constantly getting better” - with the drive to create an appetite for continuous improvement across the organisation
- Motivated by very fast paced environments, where a high degree of autonomy and personal responsibility are demanded in order to create success
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate
- Proficiency as a full-stack developer, and motivated by the opportunity to help us make decisions on the choice of technologies, tools and processes in our current greenfield environment.
- Experience using frontend technologies such as Angular, React, ES6, Ionic, Bootstrap or React Native to name a few;
- Experience of building microservice API’s in C# with .NET Core using REST and gRPC.
- An understanding of open source technologies such as Apache Kafka, Redis, Elasticsearch and container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience working with other languages such as Golang, C++ or Python.
- Experience using NoSQL storage systems such as Cassandra and MongoDB along with an understanding of relational databases such as Postgres and MySQL
- Proven experience of cloud computing practices and serverless practices
- An understanding of configuration tools such as Chef, Ansible or Puppet.
- Proven experience
- working in a Continuous Delivery cycle
- applying Unit Testing and TDD approaches
- implementing customer applications as well as business processes
What can you expect from us
- We have a low ego culture where the best idea will be embraced, whomever it comes from. We will both support your individual success and challenge your views in an open, honest and respectful manner.
- We believe that clear individual responsibility is vital to our success and will therefore give you the support, autonomy and ownership necessary for you to achieve your best
- We have an open communication style, both at a company level, with regular Q&A sessions and learning opportunities, and at an individual basis.
- In everything we do, we are driven by our ambition to create a brand new mode of transport. Our entrepreneurial principles guide an approach where behaviours that undermine our objectives or culture are not accepted.
Your application has been successfully submitted.