Amsterdam, Netherlands Remote
As an engineering manager, you are responsible for building a world-class engineering team with a hacker’s mindset towards problem solving. You will be involved in performance cycles and help your direct reports grow and reach the next stages of their career. Next to that, you are responsible for driving technical discussions within the team. You will be working on highly scalable solutions that process many payments per second at any point of the day. Code quality and system scalability are becoming increasingly important.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage a team of 4-8 engineers directly, go through performance cycles, train them through continuous feedback and help them to the next stages in their career
- Be involved in the hiring process in order to build a world-class engineering team
- You bring a strong perspective that inspires change and motivate engineers to develop scalable solutions
- Work with engineers and product to create the roadmap
- Work together with the team to create cutting-edge, user friendly financial products and APIs which are used by tens of thousands of merchants on a daily basis
- Lead and enable engineers across the stack
- Develop a positive & collaborative work culture that empowers the team to perform at their best
What you have:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience developing large scale web applications of which 3+ years in an engineering leadership role
- Experience with PHP is preferable, other languages (like Go, Java, Python) are a plus
- Experience building strong, effective engineering teams through hiring, coaching and mentoring
- Experience in developing large scale systems and driving technical and architectural discussion within the team
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence stakeholders
Nice to haves:
- Experience in working in a fast paced environment
- Experience working with Google Cloud Platform
- Solid computer science background
- Experience with event streaming (such as Kafka)
Our selection procedure in a nutshell:
- Apply by clicking the button below. The more you share about yourself and the reason you apply at Mollie, the better!
- Let's first have a 'coffee chat' to introduce Mollie, the role and get to know you. This can be at our office, but this could also be via phone, Hangouts or Skype.
- During the interview phase, we'll inform you as soon as we've decided whether we'd like to proceed with you.
- The interview phase may include a technical assignment to test your technical merits.
Because of the current circumstances, we will interview you as well as hire you completely remotely. You will start working remotely, but as soon as possible, you will continue your work at our office in the heart of Amsterdam.
Your application has been successfully submitted.