Frontend - Team Lead
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
What do Microsoft, The Gap, Royal Bank of Scotland, Lockheed Martin, and top Open Source projects like JQuery have in common? They all use BrowserStack, as do over 25,000 other customers!
BrowserStack is the industry’s most reliable cloud web and mobile testing platform, used by more than 2 million developers across 135 countries. More than 25,000 global companies rely on BrowserStack, including industry leaders like Microsoft, ING, Mastercard, Dow Jones, Garmin, National Geographic, Volvo, NRK, HubSpot, Walt Disney, and AngularJS, to name a few. With offices in San Francisco, Mumbai and Dublin, BrowserStack is privately held and backed by Accel.
Are you the one who can manage the tech roadmap of one of our products, handle end to end product development and are ready to contribute to software product development strategy? Are you a hands-on manager and ready to contribute to design, development, architecture and solve complex engineering problems? Are you someone who can manage the engineering initiatives and bring fresh perspective to our engineering processes, build robust systems, ensuring delivery of product roadmaps, engineering culture, nurturing and helping engineers with these tough problems?
- Develop & deliver complex systems. You will be handling innovation and responsible for identifying areas of continuous improvement/betterment of product development lifecycle. Operate with scale and speed amidst flux, there is just a LOT happening @ BrowserStack
- Setup best practices for development and champion their adoption and at the same time Architect and design technically robust, flexible and scalable frontend solutions
- Develop roadmaps for system and product growth, and then ensure timely execution and quality delivery
- Focus on details of software development, design, implementation and debugging
- Have high technical competence, strong technical background with track record of individual technical accomplishments – Ability to play the role of the architect for the team
- Work with designers, business analysts, and product managers to estimate and plan projects in an Agile environment
- Mentor your team! Our world-class software engineers are just getting started — and as a manager, you guide the way and set-up examples by coming up with best design and solutions to complex engineering problems
- Create clear career paths for team members and help them grow with regular and deep mentoring; Perform regular performance evaluation and share and seek feedback
- You not only have the technical chops to roll up sleeves but also to provide technical leadership to 2-3 top notch engineers
- Strong grasp of scalable web front-end, full stack development, good experience in handling production and performance issues and all genres of platforms technologies
- Deep understanding of technologies and architecture in a highly scalable and available set-up
- Deep understanding & expertise with highly transactional, large relational and complex web/desktop based systems
- Experience hiring and growing a top notch engineering team, and scaling the organization. Start-up experience will be highly preferred
- Solid understanding of business processes and the application of technology to implement and thereafter streamline them
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Hands-on experience in Developing, designing & scaling complex systems both horizontally & vertically
- Experience 5 - 8 years of experience in good product based companies and preferably product start-ups
- A strong vision and excitement for contributing in growth of an amazing product start-up
We believe in direct ownership of ideas and responsibilities in an environment where you get to learn a wide array of bleeding-edge skills. We're looking for talented, passionate and creative people, willing to give their 100 percent to building a high-class web product. In exchange, we'll provide you with some fantastic perks and benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Macbook Pro
- Free lunch
- 25 days paid vacation per year
- Medical insurance
- A cosy office set-up with a friendly and fun loving environment
- Team outings
Your application has been successfully submitted.