Senior Backend Engineer
As a product-driven company developing open-source software, we are looking for a strong and open-minded backend engineer to join the core team. Someone who can take a step back, see the whole picture of an architecture. Values such as humility, transparency, and being eager to learn are deeply required to enjoy this role.
We are building software used by thousands of developers and users around the world. Every choice made by the core team impacts tens of thousands of businesses and developers. Our active community of contributors is very involved in helping us build a great product and acts as mentors to help us become better developers.
As an engineer developing a tool for developers you will be involved in the design and product process to find the best solution for our users. Your main focus will be to deliver new features and help us drive our roadmap forward. You will contribute to every aspect of the development lifecycle from technical design to implementation and maintenance, always keeping our users in mind.
On a daily basis, you will work on both the Community and Enterprise Editions of our headless CMS with a mix of SCRUM principles and some Shape Up ideas. We do a lot of code reviews, pair-programming sessions and workshops to learn from each other.
To get some examples of our future features, checkout our public roadmap.
- Contribute to define new core designs (internal APIs, framework architecture…).
- Develop and release new features to the users.
- Find solutions to solve users issues.
- Review and help the community contributors.
- Make Strapi more stable and robust by writing effective code and testing it.
- Collaborate with Front-end Developers and Product Managers in all phases of product development.
- Within +/- 2 hours from Paris’ timezone.
- We will open to remote positions anywhere in the world when our process allows enough flexibility.
- Fluent English and French.
- We are working on strengthening our team’s English to move towards full English in the medium-term.
- 5+ years of experience in back-end development.
- Strong experience with REST, GraphQL and testing tools.
- Good knowledge software design principles.
- In-depth understanding and experience of relational databases.
- Good knowledge of traditional and headless CMS ecosystem.
- Team player and focused on user success.
Note: you don’t need to check all the boxes to apply 🙏
- Contributed to open source projects.
- You love Design Patterns and UML.
- Professional experience with a CMS (Built applications/websites using a well known CMS).
- Knowledge of non relational databases.
- 30 minutes call with Marion (Engineering Manager)
- 30-60 minutes call with Alexandre (Engineering Lead)
- Development test (to be done within a week) followed by a 60 minutes debriefing meeting
- 2 x 30 minutes team meetings (Product Managers, Lead Developers)
- 30 minutes meeting with Fanny (Head of People)
- 30 minutes meeting with one of the founders
Your application has been successfully submitted.