Director of Engineering, Core
We are looking for a new Director of Engineering for the Core engineering teams. You will be responsible for the wellbeing, work and direction of the Platform, Core ML & Data Engineering, Infrastructure, Engineering Happiness and QA teams. Helping them achieve their goals whilst maintaining Wolt class engineering standards. You will also actively contribute to teams best practices, help us run large cross-team projects and manage resourcing and recruiting in your group. Core will be a big focus for Wolt in the near future so you'd be leading the organization through sustainable but rocket-like growth with strong backing from the leadership team.
Beyond the bread and butter work of an engineering director, the Core director is responsible for ensuring Wolt’s scaling infrastructure and core engineering services. The goal is to make all the 20+ engineering teams build faster, more scalable solutions with effortless elegance. You will also partake in directing key engineering projects across the wider organisation, making sure we are setting the right building blocks for a scalable future in place as we grow.
It is no small feat, and the level of dedication and ownership, as well as previous experience leading larger organisations, is greatly valued. Interested? You can read more from the role description below and apply now!
The engineering director stands tall but humble. She / He works relentlessly to make the teams succeed, doing whatever it takes from recruiting, facilitating, sharing best practices, coaching and managing cross-team projects. His job is to remove blockers and smoothen out inefficiencies for the teams whilst tackling the challenges of future growth to make sure we succeed.
Takes care of the Members of the teams
- Ensures the success of the teams and team leads by empowering, supporting and managing their efforts
- Evangelizes best practices and actively consults the teams
- Is passionate about happy and performing people and teams, does whatever is necessary to make it so
- Official HR manager; is responsible for the well being of the teams of teams
Ensures that the teams in their ownership area will achieve the right goals
- Makes sure the teams have enough engineering power to succeed
- Actively takes part in recruiting to ensure sufficient scale
- Supports the daily and weekly processes of the teams
- Does whatever is needed to help the teams succeed
Represents their part of the Engineering org
- Syncing, leadership and people meetings
- Owns, coordinates and consults cross-team projects in their respective area
Our humble expectations
- Experience in leading team of teams
- Previous hands-on experience from platform engineering / DevOps or comparable technological understanding so that you TRULY understand what you are leading.
If you want to check up on your application or have any further questions about the position you can turn to Product Recruitment Partner, Petteri Tuomimaa, at firstname.lastname@example.org at any given time.
Wolt is currently active in 23 countries and more than 90 cities, servicing over 7 million customers. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €258M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, 83North, EQT Ventures and Highland Europe. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.