This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the opportunity
As an Analytical Engineer you will ensure that data analysts and business users at Contentful share a data model that delivers the trusted core truth of business and product data. You will support colleagues across all departments ensure that business rules are agreed across teams and are reliably implemented through a controlled data model development lifecycle. You will power quicker and more reliable analysis, feed information into decision systems and ensure a clean and up to date self-serve reporting environment.
What to expect?
- You will join our diverse, hybrid, team of data analysts and engineers.
- You will understand the value of tested, reliable information and the importance of a shared source of truth. You will extend and model and update our data model to ensure we support Contentful’s needs.
- You will work with teams across Marketing, Sales, Customer Success and Finance to support their projects and enable data driven decision-making.
- You understand the insight that must be supported across departments, prioritise needs, gain agreement on business rules and implement data models and support reporting, self-serve, quantitative analysis, marketing and predictive analytics.
- You understand the value of a high-quality, well-maintained, self-serve reporting and analysis platform.
- You contribute to supporting and improving our data tooling and infrastructure.
- You actively participate in improving our agile feedback loops and help nurture a healthy team environment.
- You evangelize the value of data and insights at Contentful.
What you need to be successful?
- Good knowledge of dimensional modelling.
- You must have at least 2 to 4 years of experience working as an analyst or data engineer. Experience with SaaS companies and key SaaS metrics is an advantage.
- You must have an excellent knowledge of SQL and business intelligence concepts.
- You can work with stakeholders across business departments and help drive alignment by documenting, agreeing and implementing clear business rules in shared data models.
- You are comfortable developing data models with DBT or similar data modelling tools and maintaining a self-serve reporting and analysis environment in Looker or similar business intelligence tool.
- You are experienced in using Python to prepare and test data and to orchestrate ETL pipelines using tools such as Airflow.
- You are comfortable in agile, cross-functional teams.
- You can write high quality data tests and deliver confidence on source and final data model freshness and change.
- You have experience with source control using git.
- You speak fluent English and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, ARD Broadcaster, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed locations around the world.
Your application has been successfully submitted.