About the opportunity
At Contentful we collect and centralize all data from the different components of our microservice based platform. We enrich the data of our platform with the wealth of information that comes from Salesforce, Zendesk, and several other services that we use to interact and communicate with our users. As we grow we add services to our data aggregation pipeline and curate the collected data.
As a Data Engineer at Contentful, you will work on the Data Pipeline across the entire Contentful Stack together with our Infrastructure, Backend and Frontend engineers to ensure that data is consistently flowing and that it is collected in a form that allows for the generation of insights.
You will also be responsible for continually iterating and innovating our Data Warehouse, Data Lake and ETL procedures around them ensuring that the flow of new data doesn’t deteriorate performances. On the topics of ETL and data modeling, you will work closely with Data Analysts to understand in-depth the performance of domain models and analytical requirements.
Ideally, you have already worked on the Business Intelligence infrastructure of an online business and you’re looking for a challenge in a company that puts data-driven decisions at the center of its product and business.
What to expect?
- Develop and maintain Data Pipeline Applications (data collectors that live within or outside the Contentful core infrastructure)
- Maintain and evolve the Data Warehouse (AWS Redshift) and Data Lake (Athena) ensuring appropriate performance
- Maintain and evolve ETL services to enrich data model and serve analytics and generation of insights using tools such as Airflow
What you need to be successful?
- You have strong SQL modeling and optimization knowledge for different analytics workloads and scenarios
- Experience with ETL processing pipelines and design in batch and near real time
- You can build applications to help and support data collection in a microservice architecture
- Experience with Athena, AWS Redshift and classic databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- You are familiar with AWS services and concepts (VPC, IAM)
- Experience using SnowPlow is considered a plus and knowledge of Airflow, Kubernetes and Terraform is a strong benefit
- Experience with PubSub/Stream data RabbitMQ, AWS Kinesis, Kafka, Looker is considered a plus
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, ARD Broadcaster, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed locations around the world.
Your application has been successfully submitted.